1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What happened to a reedited one film Kill Bill?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by DaveH, Jun 21, 2005.

1. DaveH

DaveH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    What happened to this version?

I thought we were going to get it in it's original one film form. I mean I am quite happy with vol1 and 2 uncut from japan but I would like to buy a reedited one film version.

I thought this was going to happen? What happened?

2. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Dave,

I believe Tarantino will still edit/compile a one-movie version of his "Kill Bill" saga, but at the moment, he's finishing off his war movie "Glorious Bastards". That's why there's been a delay in getting the one-movie version of KB ready for release.

It will still happen, but it probably won't be out for at least the best part of another year.

Pooch

3. DaveH

DaveH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Thanks.

4. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    Hi pooch, havent seen you in a while :smashin:

So what was the version shown at Cannes in 2004?

Gary

5. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    HI Gary,

You cheeky devil, you! ;) You've been working too hard at Blockies! All those films have mangled your brain! :rotfl:

Okay, joshing aside, QT has stated that:

"It's not just like slapping the two together," he says. "There are slight changes, and it has an intermission, like a '60s movie."

Basically, the Cannes print as far as I know, was his original workprint edit, running to about 3.5 hours long. However, QT hadn't actually fine-tuned it enough to his satisfaction. Little things, like music, special effects, and which scenes (or parts of scenes) were to be in mono, and which were to be in full colour, still needed to be completed.

The new complete Kill Bill, called "Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Saga" will be complete and uncut, in every DVD region. We in the UK and USA will all get to see the full, uncensored and colourised version of the sword fight in the "House Of Blue Leaves (?)" that the Japanese saw, plus there will be other minor edits, to tighten the films length up, and make the entire saga a more fulfilling film - the one that QT really wanted to unleash on the world.

In my opinion, the complete version would need some editing from Part 2, as this was considerably weaker than Part 1. Part 1 was awesome! But Part 2 was more akin to an average sequel, rather than an actual film's second half.

Miramax are still wanting to release the whole film on DVD in August 2005, but this may be delayed, as QT wants to pack the release with as many extras as he can, including DTS soundtrack, audio commentaries, behind-the-scenes footage, outtakes, cast and crew interviews, deleted/incomplete scenes, unseen music videos/performances and much, much more! :eek: :clap:

Pooch

6. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    yet again pooch were not worthy :smashin:

:offtopic: how are the firestarters? and the cats?

Gary

7. DaveH

DaveH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Great info thanks.

I actually did a DaveH cut of the film that I made from my Japanese vol1 and vol2. Will be interesting when I buy QT's version to see how close I was...

8. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    I still haven't seen these films as I also was waiting for the combined version. Might just give up now and just watch it…

9. edinburgh160

edinburgh160

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can't wait for this version to come out. IMHO the 2 films complimented each other perfectly, and whilst I agree in part witht your assessment above I think that if the 2 parts were interwoven it would be quite brilliant.
    I got the R3 version with the uncut material and the full colour fight and it was fantastic, I hope to god that this is all included in a R2 version, although I doubt the BBFC would include some of the fight scenes in the import version.

10. DaveH

DaveH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Did anyone notice that on the Japanese Kill Bill Vol 2 version it is actually different too?

It was always believed that the Jap Vol2 was the same as the US and UK ones. In actual fact it is different. There are a few extra shots when the Bride drives to see Estaban and when she arrives at the village.