What graphics card Can I run with this power supply

dvdric

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a nrp-vc403 switching power supply 400 watt, I have a radeon 7770 1gb Graphics card working Fine On it Is a there a better card i can get that will run with this Power supply as I dont want to upgrade the Power supply just yet I need a card with more than 1gb or ram on It. A 4 gb card would be Great.
My system is a Amd FX 6350 6 core cpu. 16gb of ddr 3 Ram, a 2tb hardrive a bluray rewriter and a radeon ghost thermal7770 1gb graphics card.

The power supply would probably work with a gtx 960... There is a 4GB version for around £160. Not sure if there is a equivalent AMD card that would run from a 400w PSU.

You might be best off to Google Power Supply Calculator and put in your parts list mate. a gpu only needs a portion of power, you then need to factor in what the rest of the system needs to run which will vary based on setup.

Theres an ITX GTX960 and GTX970 might be worth looking at if your worried about power consumption

The 960 4GB recommends a minimum 400w supply, you should be ok depending on the rest of your pc. I have a 960 but use a 500w supply and it barely sweats.

As others say, if you're just running a fairly basic pc (ssd + hdd + speakers + wifi + k&m) then follow the graphics card guidance. If you're running loads of peripherals and multiple hard drives then you will be more constrained

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom