What good comedy is on TV ATM?

Synchro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I mean real comedy, stuff that makes you wet yourself? (Slightly on the wierd side for my tastes)

Wetting yourself? I don't know about that but CSI Miami S5 is real comedic gold

Is it current, or running as repeats?

Anyone watched any, "Curb Your Enthusiasm?"

Wetting yourself? I don't know about that but CSI Miami S5 is real comedic gold

That's exactly what I was going to suggest! :rotfl:

It's funny for all of the wrong reasons. I guess it's supposed to be a gritty, hard hitting police drama. But it fails quite spectacularly. :)

Cheers
Moosh

Sorry about before. It was alf sarky-half genuine :p

Check out the I.T Crowd if you're not already watching. First 2 eps S2 already shown on C4 (and C4 digital sister stations?)

Anyone watched any, "Curb Your Enthusiasm?"

This is one of those cringe comedies where you sit watching it through your fingers saying "noooo, don't do it".
The dozen or so episodes I've seen have been quite funny, especially when you realise there is no proper script, just a rough plot for each scene and the rest is ad-libbed. This can result in a few duff scenes, but also some where the actors are trying not to crack up with the silly lines they feed each other.

A rather adult themed clip....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXHze2fI09w

I've started watching the Royale Family re-runs again. Only programme that gets me laughing out loud at the moment. :rotfl::rotfl: (by the way, the special where Nana dies is the best piece of writing since Only Fools :lesson:, absolute genius how you can laugh and cry at the same scene)

When I'm in an odd mood Fonejacker and Trigger Happy t.v (US version) are quite good.

there's one comedy thats usually on all channels usually with a few cuts or edited for those with special needs when broadcast on ITV

... anyway its called The News, and my favourite sketch involves this character and his stupid idea of the week:
cameron.jpg

I don't really want to give any spoilers away, but in the latest episode he is proposing a 'a six-week programme for young people called "national citizen service"' and will be outlining it today alongside British boxer Amir Khan. Hilarious results ensue. Cue further laughter when he says it would help "mend our broken society", and adds: "It represents everything I stand for and believe in." :rotfl:

- the all time classic was his hug-a-hoodie sketch

:rotfl: very good Krish....you've mised your vocation!

I don't really want to give any spoilers away, but in the latest episode he is proposing a 'a six-week programme for young people called "national citizen service"' and will be outlining it today alongside British boxer Amir Khan. Hilarious results ensue. Cue further laughter when he says it would help "mend our broken society", and adds: "It represents everything I stand for and believe in." :rotfl:
Apparently the DVD release of series 1 will contain an alternative ending in which the main character loses a silk bow tie in the dorms at Eton, and thereafter understands the gritty reality of inner city poverty.

Could have sworn the title was "What good comedy is on TV AM" :)

Moving to the TV forum

Gotta be Mock The Week on BBC 2 or Have I got News For You whenever it's on, love political and topical satire and the play on words thing.

Liam

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom