What games are you currently playing?

Razor

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
So what games are you currently playing and enjoying?

Here are mine:

Denfese Grid - I tend to have a quick blast on this game on most days. Its so addictive.

Red Faction Guerilla
- This is turning into a great game, the environment is totally destructible and there are plenty of enemies around to kill.

Crackdown 2 (xbox 360) - I loved the first game and this is no different.

:)

Not playing as much as I want to at the moment, but mostly I am playing when I get the chance:

Metro 2033 - really atmospheric and was enjoying it a lot... however the game is broken because I've got to a level that starts you off outside and I've got no air filters left... so I keep dying withing 15 seconds of the level starting. I've looked for solutions online and the only thing I can do is restart 3 entire chapters back to go to the last shop and max out on fair flters. That's about 4 or 5 hours playtime! I cannot be bothered to go back and do all that again :( hope they fix that game breaking bug and at least put air filters on corpses at the start of the level. Amazing graphics though in places, especially when you enter Polis.

Dragon Age Orignis: Awakenings - if only all DLC were as big and great as this, I would have no problems paying for effectively a whole new campaign for a game that's probably bigger than the main one. Brilliant game... Bioware tell the best stories.

Red Faction: Guerilla - Same as Razor says above... this is a great game. I'm shocked it wasn't talked about more when it came out. Love sticking charges onto a truck, driving at an EDF base at full speed, then jumping out at the last minute. Once the truck lands in the middle of the building (creating massive damage) you can then detonate the charges and watch the fireworks. Great fun! Much more entertaining for me than GTA.

Dark Sector - picked this up for cheap on Steam, and apart from it not supporting widescreen at 1080p (stupid console port). However, it does work well at 16:10 resolutions (which my video processor can handle and convert to 1080p). Looks lovely once set-up right, and a lot of fun.

The Witcher: Director's Cut - This is pretty awesome. Have had it for ages and only just spent a couple hours on it so far. It reminds me of Mass Effect in the control system, and it also has a good story so far. IT's very adult too, which is a good thing :smashin:

Risen - this is also surprisingly great... another that's a good example of an action RPG. OPnly played a few hours but really enjoyed it so far. Going to give Gothic 3 a whirl after this one, since people speak highly of it and I got it cheap on Steam recently with Gothic 2.

There's a few other games I've played an hour or two here and there with. My problem is having too many games to play, so having to make myself go through oine at a time from now on.

Currently playing and very much enjoying Assassins Creed 2.

A far superior game to the first one and doesn't look to shabby either.

I know a lot of people were getting their knickers in a twist over the need for a constant internet connection but in around 20 hours of play i've yet to have an issue.

I'm still addicted to BC2 I'm afraid, that's when I have the time to play at all, stupid job. :rolleyes:

I did start to play Metro but the start was really slow and I lost interest quickly. I guess that I must have a short attention span or something as the games I end up playing the most tend to hit the ground running. I really want to like it but it seemed very very linear, does it get any better as it goes on?

Put a few hours into the Medal Of Honour beta but stopped playing because of all the blatant cheating (no PB yet). I'll probably have another bash when it's released.

Still like to have a blast on SFIV from time to time, that's when I'm in the mood for getting my ass whooped! :rolleyes:

rFactor, rFactor and erm rFactor :D with some iRacing every now and then

Defense Grid too, great little game.

Heroes of Newerth, took a break from this, now playing casually (it is a bit too competitive and I don't have the time like when I was playing Counter Strike to learn everything).

Thats about it....... waiting for next weekend :) Finally a big game comes out!

Call of Pripyat , sound and graphics are class, everything takes ages todo may take me a while to complete if i do, i may just get bored.

Men of War, very addictive game and loads of mods,maps ect there is also online playability but there seems tobe alot of spawn camping , ruins the game this .

MW2, like Tubbing all the Hackers :D

Also BFC2 .

System Shock 2 - I have owned this since it came out and never really gave it a chance. Through the years I couldnt get it to work with XP but a couple of days ago I found how to make it work on XP and have been playing it since.Good fun and the graphics dont bother me at all. It is pretty damn difficult though (to me) and I have had to look for a walk through a few times as I couldnt work out where to go :blush:

L4D2 - finally got this about 2 weeks ago and love it just like the first. Great game to just stick on for 15 minutes or so before dinner/bed etc.

Currently playing and very much enjoying Assassins Creed 2.

A far superior game to the first one and doesn't look to shabby either.

I know a lot of people were getting their knickers in a twist over the need for a constant internet connection but in around 20 hours of play i've yet to have an issue.

My biggest problem with ACII on the PC was that it doesn't support the wireless 360 controller properly. All the buttons are mapped incorrectly. Completely ruined it for me. Haven't bothered to boot it up since, and doesn't look like they've bothered to patch it yet.

Splinter Cell Conviction was the same, all the buttons mapped incorrectly... but they did at least release a patch for that.

Fancy developing using ancient beta drivers for the controller (arguably the most popular controller used on the PC) instead of the driver version that's been out and stable for about a year and a half now.

Ubisoft = idiots.

My biggest problem with ACII on the PC was that it doesn't support the wireless 360 controller properly. All the buttons are mapped incorrectly. Completely ruined it for me. Haven't bothered to boot it up since, and doesn't look like they've bothered to patch it yet.

Yeah come to think of it I do remember having issues with my pad to start with..

Wasn't to much hassle to fix just a case of downloading a file and then putting it in a directory.

i've put the link (via steam forum) to the fix below.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1183634

Red Faction: Guerilla - Same as Razor says above... this is a great game. I'm shocked it wasn't talked about more when it came out. Love sticking charges onto a truck, driving at an EDF base at full speed, then jumping out at the last minute. Once the truck lands in the middle of the building (creating massive damage) you can then detonate the charges and watch the fireworks. Great fun! Much more entertaining for me than GTA.

I am also shocked more people arent playing this game, its great fun. I cant stop playing it. :devil:

I just finished Sniper Ghost Warrior,and I have just started Metro 2033,which is excellent.

I must check out the Red Faction games,I am not familiar with these.

Alan

How was sniper ghost warrior??

Red Orchestra: Ost Front

MW2

Killing Floor

L4D2

CoD4 (paintball mod)

I have just started Metro 2033,which is excellent.n

Make sure you buy lots of air filters from any shops. In fact just max out on them, or you'll get to a point in the game where you're stuck and have to go wayyy back.

Just getting around to playing Mass Effect. :blush:

Also got Dragons Age - Origins which I stuck on for a quick look and lost 2hrs doing the starter quest.

Really need to spend some more time on Mass Effect though and I seem to just get sidetracked for the main plot. :)

Borderlands and Metro 2033.

TF2. But I never really stop playing it ;)

L4D2. Playing through the story mode whenever the rest of the friends I bought the game with are online. Currently just finished the first level :rolleyes:

Synergy. Free 12-player co-op through all the HL2 games and expansions.
Enormous fun with headsets and the right people.

GhostBusters. Enjoying immensely, despite lack of multiplayer.

I've played Borderlands for 23 minutes. I really should go back to it...

Gaming HTPC.
Assassins Creed 2. Really enjoying this despite the pain in the backside DRM.Masses to do and see with a really nice graphics engine.

GTA 4.
Decided to run through this again on the big screen since upgrading my HTPC,previously played it on my gaming PC with 24inch Dell monitor,the game really comes into its own on the 70inch SXRD.

Gaming PC

Loads installed but not really into any of them at the moment apart from the occasional foray into Dragonage Origins.

PS3

Red Dead Redemption

Loving this,very addictive and satisfying game to play imo,the voice acting in the cut scenes is so well done it's almost like watching a high class movie.A PC version with improved Graphics and framerate would be superb,apparently Rockstar are infact working on a PC version,lets hope it's better optimised than GTA 4 originally was.

Hey Razor! How is the SXRD mate? Still loving mine 2 or is it 3 years on? Have you changed your bulb yet? still on the first one myself but I'm getting the message 'change the projector lamp as it is nearing the end of its life' each time I switch on. Have been getting the message for months but the bulb keeps on working o.k,reckon i'll leave it until it goes completely.:thumbsup:

got a link :confused: .. also is that online play as well ?

Online only. Just look for a map that has like PB or paintball in the name.

Its bloody excellent it is.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom