What games are you currently playing?

Thinking of getting Steep :

Steep on Steam

Has anyone played this? It potentially looks like a fun casual game to play (i.e. one you can play inebriated over Christmas)
I tried the demo. If you liked the old SSX games on N64, or you enjoy winter sports, then it is a very good game, especially with a couple of friends. As a solo experience for a non-winter sports fan, it can get a bit boring after a while.

Still playing nothing but Elite… :rolleyes:

I can't see that changing until Mass Effect Andromeda is released.

Steep looks tempting though.

Finished the FEAR trilogy. Now dipping my toe in Far Cry 3 and Hitman to decide what to play next. Both look awesome, although in JC3 you seem a tad indestructible - not sure if I've got it on easy :-S Also has crashed a few times. But man stuff does blow up real nice :)

chance to grab any missed games from the 30th ubi over on uplay.

have till the 18th of dec to claim any games you've missed!

Finally broke my Elite addiction :)

Currently playing:

Doom (PC)
Steep (XB1)
Star Wars Battlefront (XB1)
Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes (Android)

For Moi It's :-

Overwatch
Battlefield 1
CSGO
Steep (Literally about to start)

I'm a bit bored with The Crew. Just installed Forza: Apex last night.
Looks very good, I've turned off the racing line, all assists and have manual transmission - feels fresh. It's an interesting approach, 12 tracks lol.
Wonder when Forza 7 is coming!

Just Cause 3 - stupid fun

Final Fantasy XV
Destiny
No Mans Sky

Then try some from a shed load of a backload!!!

Divinity Original Sin - kind of missed me by but properly hooked now
Titanfall 2

keep looking at my backlog to remind me not to dip more into the sales!

Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)
Mario Maker (Wii U)

Picked up Doom and Metal Gear Solid 5 "The Definitive Experience" a few days ago, on the Steam Winter sale. I've only played the demo of the former, and nothing of the latter, so that's me pretty much covered until March/April I reckon.:D

I have spent the past 6 months completing Witcher 3 and Fallout 4. Both immense games. I am now settling into Battlefield 1 multiplayer and Doom.

I am not getting the same vibe from BF1 that I did with BF 3/4. Maybe it is due to all the slower pace of my previous two games. I will give BF1 a few more days and if I am not happy I may be looking for another RPG.

Just Cause 3 - stupid fun
This as well. It's got a terrible memory leak that meant I had to upgrade to 16GB ram but can get through a session easily now. I did make the mistake of leaving it running overnight and had to hard reset the computer when I came back to it though

This as well. It's got a terrible memory leak that meant I had to upgrade to 16GB ram but can get through a session easily now. I did make the mistake of leaving it running overnight and had to hard reset the computer when I came back to it though

I have 16GB so haven't noticed any memory issues but have suffered a few crashes/issues:
- Smash to desktop (maybe with error message box, maybe not)
- Alt-tab to desktop means most windows go black - fixed by logging out and back into Windows
- Iffy mid-range drawing e.g. a watchtower will have all the horizontal pieces but no vertical
- Weird terrible performance of the little 'gadget demo' videos that play after challenges
- Collision detection/empty world - was flying in a heliocopter and noticed every AI had gone, and my missiles flew straight through everything - jumped out of the helicopter and went into one of those 'falling forever' situations

Still, lots of great explosions :)

- Iffy mid-range drawing e.g. a watchtower will have all the horizontal pieces but no vertical

Still, lots of great explosions :)
I've not had the others (it's been very stable for me) but do get this one. As you say, explosions more than make up for this though :D

Another weird bug I have is that Rico Rodriguez is damn near indestructible. He can fall out of a helicopter from any height onto the road and keep on going, soak up hundreds of bullets, has infinite parachutes, plough a jet into a mountain at top speed, plough a jet into another jet, wingsuit straight into the ground at over 100 miles an hour, get hit buy a truck you name it - he just gets up and says 'is that all you've got?' :laugh:

Just playing Destiny and The Division still. Giving me all my loot based shooting I need.

Currently playing "Wife somehow downloaded a Virus 2017". Got stuck on the level where after removing the virus, it has wrecked Visual Studio libraries so badly, that half the games won't start.

Eventually had to give up and reinstall Windows. At least I got lots of free HDD space :)

A mix of Battlefield 1, Tales from the Borderlands, Grim Dawn, Hearthstone and Overwatch. I also plan to revisit Diablo 3 when patch 2.4.3 lands.

Currently playing "Wife somehow downloaded a Virus 2017". Got stuck on the level where after removing the virus, it has wrecked Visual Studio libraries so badly, that half the games won't start.

Eventually had to give up and reinstall Windows. At least I got lots of free HDD space :)

Ahh you need the Wife Upgrade V2.63! That one works well and is very knowledgeable about those ransomewares. :)

Bit late to the party, but got Fallout 4 for Xmas and playing for the last couple of days

I sank 60 hours into Fallout 4, I only picked it up in September. Awesome game, you will love every minute.

Trying out my shiny new 1070 with a few games at the moment. Eventually settled on the original Crysis, see if I can finally answer the infamous "Can it run Crysis?" question :).

So rather amusingly my 1070 barely raises a sweat at Very High everything, it's my Ivy i5 that's struggling and bottlenecking. I can mostly run at 60fps ("mostly") but during busy battles it drops. Profiling using Afterburner, Riva stats and HWInfo and I can see that one of the cores is doing all the hard work and hits 100% every so often. Turns out this is what it is. I tried running 64 bit (the Steam version is 32 bit only) but it's still there. I'm overclocking to 4.2Ghz in boost mode and it helps somewhat but not entirely.

Still, great game, loving it! Looks gorgeous.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom