What games are you currently playing?

Control on PC at 4K with RTX/DLSS at ~75fps is only game I've played for last couple week.

Just couldn't put it down. Now finished main story and mopping up and doing DLC content.

Best implemenation of Ray Tracing and great story game too.

Currently playing Horizon Zero Dawn and Genshin Impact. Would be playing racing sims too but my wheel had died 🤬

Still hammering Escape from Tarkov, with the odd Overwatch thrown in.

Wasteland 3 - No clue what I'm doing but having a blast anyways! Been a while since I played an RPG with turn-based combat. Nice change of pace from FPS and the like.

Titanfall 2 - First full replay of the game after finishing it last year. One of the best modern single-player FPS.

Last couple of days I've been playing valhalla. The game starts badly with an extremely tedious Norway campaign. But once across the water when the game starts proper, it really takes off. And what a barrel of fun in is. I'm a rampager with no time for stealth.
Ite therefore such a pity you can't kill civilians anymore, as you could in odyssey. Hopefully a mod will come along and fix that.
Graphically the game on Pc at 4k ultra with everything on full, including the resolution on 200, are truly magnificent. The views are breathtaking.
Sadly cpu ai is as bad as the graphics are stunning. Don't ask me what ubi have done to mess this up so much. The cpu just stands and waits to be killed even on top level.
Valhalla is a class act. You have to just get on with it and slaughter away regardless of cpu ai. It's that or not playing.
Tomorrow will be the new cod game. I've only bought this for the single player mode.
With rtx Cranked up full then this should be another looker. Thankfully you don't have to install all the MP stuff anymore. I tried the beta and yawn. It's just so boring and ludicrous with idiots leaping everywhere
I'll be rampaging later and tomorrow and so on and so forth.

It's just so boring and ludicrous with idiots leaping everywhere
I'll be rampaging later and tomorrow and so on and so forth.
That is why I've gone off COD

Well I'm playing FIFA21, its been years since I've gotten into a footy game, so thought I'd see what the annual fuss is about and maybe get good enough to play the odd game with my FIFA obsessed lad.

I'm playing Campaign on Amateur and it hasn't taken long to beat Prem teams 6-0 or some such nonsense, so while its not the easiest setting, this clearly isn't a good sim lol. Will look at upping the difficulty at some point.

Presentation is great, plays ok, but I'm 10 games into the season and it all seems a bit repetitive. Yeah, its football, but the press conferences have zero change in questions, commentary has already hit the dialogue loop, player and team moods are all predictable and the transfer market is one note and either buggy or poorly done in some instances. Maybe this all improves as you go.

The bugs are laughable though, your manager avatar is completely random in different places, he once became the goal scorer and danced around the pitch doing the floss or some such :D

Bugs aren't game breaking, but for your £60 a year, you'd have thought they'd have patched this nonsense out by now. Anyway, I'll probably crack on, its fun putting 10 past Arsenal..

That is why I've gone off COD
I also tried the mp of modern warfare and it was full of cheats. I'd shoot someone straight in the head and it had no effect.
And then there's the snipers!!
The maps are beautiful to look at but I just gave up. The CW beta had the sniper problem. I don't know if its cheats who shoot you from a very long distance or its just the way the game plays.
I saved 110gb by avoiding the mp files. The install size is just crazy isn't it?
Anyone with a ps5 will have a third of their storage gone.

@Scootpb and I are tackling that 100 floor nakatomi plaza in Div 2. Good fun so far. Glad it has save points.

Dirt 5 - just going through the career mode. It's OK. Easy to play as it's very arcadey. I don't think it's nextgen really.

Valorant pretty much every night.

Astro's Playroom
Demon Souls (PS5 remake)
Ghost of Tushy (legends stuff)
Elite: Dangerous
Earth Defense Force 5 (EDF! EDF!)

Want to plug in my edrum kit and play some Rock Band 4 this weekend.

Jumped pack on PUBG for the first time. Need some friends as playing the new map with random isn't fun.
Going to pick up uplay plus for a month and hanmer AC Valhalla and the new watchdogs

AC Valhalla. Only a couple of hours in, not gripping me - yet!

Lost my gaming mojo, Desperados 3 is the only one keeping my interest at the moment.

Looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077 just not sure on which platform yet. That's dependent on managing to upgrade my graphics card before Xmas.

Totally absorbed with Ark: Survival Evolved and keeping my dinos happy. However, my new love is going back in time to Diablo 2! Discovered some of my old D2 buddies are playing Project Diablo 2 and I folded and installed it. Loving it. If anyone's interested in what it's all about here's the link below.

Astro's Playroom
Demon Souls (PS5 remake)
Ghost of Tushy (legends stuff)
Elite: Dangerous
Earth Defense Force 5 (EDF! EDF!)

Want to plug in my edrum kit and play some Rock Band 4 this weekend.

Is EDF5 worth it over 4? I loved the 360 one and played it to death, I did like 4 but didn't have as much long lasting appeal.

I've been playing a lot of Hades which I've been impressed with and finding myself getting very hooked on, it's the type of game that can be very repetitive given its design but I find the variety in power ups and weapons makes each run quite different and all fun to play.

I recently got back into gaming and I think ive completed more games in the last month or so than I have in the last 5-10 years. Ive just finished Titanfall 2 this morning COD Cold War, RDR2 and Gears 5 in the last fortnight.

Ive picked up a few games during the sales (Control, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Cyberpunk 2077 pre ordered and quite a few VR titles) There are also a few games on Game Pass and Origin Play I want to play through (Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order and Anthem)

Im thinking I might start Control next as I want to see how good the ray tracing is. It seems quite a few on here are playing this at the moment or recently. Ive just started using Keyboard and Mouse (I did try K&M years ago but ended up using a wand and mouse) This time though I’m actually enjoying using the keyboard. Is Control best played with a controller or K&M, I feel like I should stick with K&M but it looks like it might suit a controller better?

Use controller for Control. I use a controller for most games these days.

Last game I played, Metro Exodus, it's an FPS, traditionally played with a K&M. I used a controller for that as well. (Although my right hand did go to the mouse if I needed to use the sniper rifle. Sniping was much easier with a mouse in Metro Exodus.)

Use controller for Control. I use a controller for most games these days.

Last game I played, Metro Exodus, it's an FPS, traditionally played with a K&M. I used a controller for that as well. (Although my right hand did go to the mouse if I needed to use the sniper rifle. Sniping was much easier with a mouse in Metro Exodus.)

Yeah Ive just been playing through the start and it definitley seems more suited to game pad. I just finished Titanfall 2 and even though its an FPS the movement sometimes felt like it would be more comfortable on controller but I still enjoyed playing it on K&M. I just got a Logitech G915 TKL so maybe I’m just trying to use it as much as possible to justify the cost lol. I think I will stick to game pad for Control though.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom