1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What GameCube games to buy ?

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by superleeds, Oct 14, 2003.

1. superleeds

superleeds

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well guys after selling my PS2 to get an X-box I decided against the Microsoft hype for now and have secured a GC from Pulsar in the classifieds.

Too many people said they preferred the GC for me to ignore their comments so i'm going to give it a try.

The bundle comes with the Zelda games but i'm wondering what else I should be trying to get hold of.

It looks like Metroid Prime is probably the best console game to date (across all platforms) so that is a definate but after that i'm not sure ?

What are the X-box titles that I've heard a lot about like on the GC ie

Medal of Honour
    Ghost Recon
    Splinter Cell

I've heard good things about Resident evil as well.

Any recommendations appreciated.

Oh yes i'm not really bothered about beat em ups ie street fighter etc.

Cheers,
    Mike.
    :D

2. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,108
    The X-Box titles will be exactly the same, except for slightly less polygons being pushed around.

GC exclusive games :-

Eternal Darkness - Resi Evil type game, very very good. I prefer Resi Evil personally, but many think this is better, certainly the controls are a little more polished.

F-Zero - One of the finest racers ever made.

Super Monkey Ball - Should be able to pick this up cheap. The first is better in single player mode, the second is better for multiplayer.

Ikaruga - One of the best shooters ever made.

Mario Golf - Good mulitplayer fun (you may prefer Toger Woods if you like serious golf games)

Super Mario Sunshine - Good Mario game.

Games coming soon :-

Rogue Leader 3 - This looks spectacular, I am waiting for the first reviews before I decide to buy.

Mario Kart Double Dash - This is going to be awesome.

Viewtiful Joe - Will be interesting my copy should arrive any day soon, it is a side scrolling beat-em-up though, so may not appeal.

Final Fantasy chronicles - The first FF game to grace a Nintendo home console for years. If FF Tactics on GBA is anything to go by, this will be something special.

1080 Avalanche - Hopefully as good as the first

Metal Gear : Twin Snakes - Remake of the original NES classic.

Resi Evil 4 - Needs no intro :)

3. PlasticTaff

PlasticTaff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mario Party 4 for the family night in.
    An absolute plethora of mini games and 1 game last a couple of hours!!

4. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ghost recon is very good on the cube, better looking and faster than the PS2 version.

I'd also add Resi Evil and Resi Evil Zero to that list, classic games, the graphics are stunning! Zelda is a rare treat that had me hooked for the six-odd weeks it took me to finish it! Metroid too is superb (still haven't beaten Metroid Prime though)

5. ldoodle

ldoodle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You won't be dissapointed. To say it's a good game is the biggest understatement! I love it ;) The only thing that's wrong with the game is that every time you use a continue, you go back to the beginning of the whole level which is just plain stupid.

@superleeds

Is it a PAL (UK) or NTSC (US) console?

You must (and I mean must!) get hold of Pikmin... this is cheap now as well. The sequel is arriving some time next year.

Harvest Moon - this is out in UK in November this year, but early next year in US!?!?

Tony Hawk's games

Animal Crossing - need I say more???

Prince of Persia - Remake/reinvention of the original (November in US, unknown in UK)

All depends on what type of games you're into really. But have a look at all the above, including other posts. You won't be bored for a while!! ;)