What fuse?

Paddy328

Standard Member
Reaction score
Im going to order myself a clearer audio silver-line power cable for my ps3, so i can use it straight away when it gets here.

I have a choice of fuses. Is a 5amp the one to go for?

i have a 5A in my one works fine :thumbsup:

Use a three amp - the PS3 uses 380/240=1.6 AMPS peak

ya go for it, worst that will happen that it will blow the fuse.. ps3 is 460watts max

I thought it was 380 peak?

As LOgix says though, use a 3 AMP, the worst that can happen is that it will blow.

ya go for it, worst that will happen that it will blow the fuse.. ps3 is 460watts max

Hang on.... why order such an expensive power cable? What benifit would it give you?

Because the weak link should be the fuse - if you PS3 suddenly goes bandy, overheats and the fuse doesn't blow (because it's too large) the PS3 may catch fire and kill you and your family!

Clear enough? :)

PS:- A fuse costs less than 20p even from a rip-off hardware merchant!

Sorry to be dramatic but people die every week because of poor electrics (including the wrong fuse) - what a waste!

excuse me being stupid, what is wrong with a 10A fuse?

Because there are some clever electronics that will deal with over current etc whilst it converts to DC voltage.

The 360 power supply actively modifies the input and as such can cope with greater tolerances - that explains why it's so blooming expensive!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom