1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Front Speakers?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by MARTIN25, Oct 11, 2005.

1. MARTIN25

MARTIN25

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am getting rid of my Mission M74 floorstanders due to space restrictions and i am looking for a good substitute. Ideally they would be bookshelf size. They would need to be bi-wirable (as my Missions are now) and magnetically shielded as they sit either side of my TV. can someone suggest a good alternative for up to £300? are the bookshelf sized M70 series Missions as good?

2. Andywilliams

Andywilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Will you be using a mission centre,If you were to change your front three iam sure you would like the sound of the monitor audio silver rs1,I used to own the silver s1 and centre and the sound was loads better than my previous mission m71i set up.

3. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +599
    i can recommend Monitor Audio speakers as well, altho im not sure the RS1's will be able to sit too close to the TV.....dont remember them being magnetically shielded....

however Monitor Audio do a range of more lifestyle like speakers called Radius, these come in various sizes from cube to floorstanders, but they all have a small shape....these i think are magnetically shielded.......find a local Sevenoaks hifi shop and ask for a demo of the various sizes.....however they are best hooked up with a subwoofer, they do not go deep themselves....

4. Andywilliams

Andywilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    The silver s1s i had were magnetically shielded so i would say the rs1s are too.

5. OneDesi

OneDesi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +242
    Can thoroughly recommend the Monitor Silver S1 (the RS1 predecessor and you can get them for around £170ish if you look around new). I also have some Mission 780se - beatiful bookshelves that were £350 new (I haven't even taken my second set out of the box yet) and you could probably get a set of these for around £2-£250ish).

I have the radius for my home cinema rig and can thoroughly recommend it for that and music although if music is really an issue for you then the radius are no where near as good as the old Silver S1's let alone the new rs1.

If you want some 780se let me know as I might sell my second set of 780se's (not even opened) ...

6. MARTIN25

MARTIN25

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers for the advice, are the S1s bi-wirable? i have the Mission m7c1 centre speaker but will replace it when i get rid of the others. :)

7. Andywilliams

Andywilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Yes. :)

8. MARTIN25

MARTIN25

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    was just reading another couple of reviews, also recommended are the Epos M5 (which are shielded) and the Quad 11L. Anyone know if these are better than the RS1's?