What foreign film are you watching tonight? - Part 3!

Garrett

Reaction score
Continuing from part 2

Let the right one in. An absolute classic IMO.

Let the right one in. An absolute classic IMO.

yeah i really liked it too (though had a little shock when "that scene" of the girl came on - me and my mate did the 'look at each other and did the - did i just see what i think i saw - face) :laugh:

its nice to see these nice twists to the ever populating ciche vampire films

may i suggest "thirst" if you havent seen it, similar idea of a vampire movie thats really down to earth and independant

yeah i really liked it too (though had a little shock when "that scene" of the girl came on - me and my mate did the 'look at each other and did the - did i just see what i think i saw - face) :laugh:

That scene, although difficult, IMO is a very important part in explaining the old mans "role" in the film and hints at the girls origional sex i.e. "she" was actually born a male, hence the scar. OR something else....

YouTube - Let the Right One In RANT by FOTFF

That scene, although difficult, IMO is a very important part in explaining the old mans "role" in the film and hints at the girls origional sex i.e. "she" was actually born a male, hence the scar. OR something else....

YouTube - Let the Right One In RANT by FOTFF

i personally think its "something else".......maybe one a month? if thats what youre on about.....:rolleyes: (tip toeing on dangerous territory now....:laugh:)

really good film cant wait to see the remake

I'd like to watch The Girl Who Payed With Fire Blu but I have missed two on my wanted ad so far :(

i personally think its "something else".......maybe one a month? if thats what youre on about.....:rolleyes: (tip toeing on dangerous territory now....:laugh:)

Maybe there was some sort of paedophilia (reciprocated or not) "going on", at the beginning ie when he was younger, but he has become her "helper" at this point??

i dont think people get what im on about! :laugh:

its not sexual or anything, just free blood once a month for the guy!!!

Dont think he's a vampire though:confused:

Although its not made clear in the film.

Or am I missing your point again:facepalm::D

lol!!!

well ive always ahd a bit of a sick thought in the back of my head whenever i watch vampire films. every now and then i just cant help but think, vampires dont need to bite and kill women to obtain blood. im sure there are enough women around the world to provide vampires enough blood "at that time of the month". then we and vampires can co exist therefiore rendering the film daybreakers pointless and would never happen.

to all he people who are interested in the relationship between the guy and eli (vampire girl) in let the right one in:

Eli lives with an older man Håkan, a former teacher who was fired and became a homeless vagrant when he was discovered to be a paedophile. Eli is revealed to be a vampire, who was originally a boy. He was castrated about 200 years ago and was turned into a vampire

Thanks Laubi02!

Sould have warned people about the spoilers on Wiki:facepalm:

Edited now though:smashin:

I watched the French film Anything For Her on Sky Movies last night and found it absolutely gripping. The best thriller I've seen in a while, I was on the edge of my seat by the end. The central idea may have been a little far-fetched, a school teacher decides to break his wife out of prison, but it's all played out very realistically. The performances are very natural even Diane Kruger, who I usually think is bland, is very good as the wife. Highly recommended.

finally got round to watching REC2 last night.

if you liked the 1st one, you'll like this one. its just a matter which one you'll like best.

i personally prefer the 1st still but the sequal is still worth watching! it has a semi nice spin to the zombie "theory" and one which might divide viewers. and personally thought the ending kinda lossed the REC theme/style which was a shame...

4 stars

Last edited:
I watched the French film Anything For Her on Sky Movies last night and found it absolutely gripping. The best thriller I've seen in a while, I was on the edge of my seat by the end. The central idea may have been a little far-fetched, a school teacher decides to break his wife out of prison, but it's all played out very realistically. The performances are very natural even Diane Kruger, who I usually think is bland, is very good as the wife. Highly recommended.

I need to catch this, read about it enough but haven't got round to watching it yet. Oh....Hollywood are remaking it by the way (makes a change) with Russell Crowe playing the lead.

Got round to watching Carlos
Carlos (TV mini-series 2010) - IMDb

wow ! what a film (the 3 part version and not the new 3 hr blu ray)

run time about 5hrs on this one folks
but my god is good!

film of the year for me - really enjoyed it

Reminds me alot of Mesrine

although I think this is a touch better

Watched little big soldier starring Jackie Chan.
was a good film i would suggest a rental rather than a keeper 7/10

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom