1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Flat speaker cable?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by garrad, Aug 3, 2004.

1. garrad

garrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys :thumbsup:

I've moved into an apartment and there are wooden floors everywhere. I'm renting the place and need a pratical way to get speaker cable from the front of the room to the back of the room.
    I've come up with one way which I think is going to work for me... :cool: There is a fire in the centre of the room, but it is electric (looks like a real fire) and has a marble base. Around the edge of the marble base is a gap around an inch thick and 1/2 inch deep. So Flat speaker cable will be ideal.

I'm going to go with equal lenghts (10m) of cable and have 4 runs, one for each of the rear speakers (I have a 7.1 set up). I've decided for equal lengths so that when I move in a year or two that I can use the cable else where also.

So I've been looking at the following cable

• QED Qontour Ultra Flat @ £2 per m
    • AUDIOQUEST F-14 @ £2.5 per m

So they both sound as if they will do the job, but does anyone know which one I should get. Is there any benifit from each. Or should I just got with the cheaper QED?

(as a note I have a Denon 3801 + Kef Home Theater kit (aka Eggs))

2. pgre

pgre
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have plenty of of the QED stuff, and I think it sounds pretty good, and the cable is really easy to mold/fold if needed.

I don't think its worth paying more for other cables, the QED Silver which cost me twice as much sounds pretty much the same to my ears at least.

3. garrad

garrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah QED it is then.

I'm going to be buying some 3 5 metre lengths of the QED Silver also and have Airloc Banana Plug added two the cable for the front speakers. Just using the flat cable for the back.

Good to know it's good then.