1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what film is this?

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by carl310166, Dec 10, 2004.

1. carl310166

carl310166

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We were having a chat in work last night,and somebody gave us a description of a film that he had watched several years previously,but couldn't remember the name,none of us could help him.

I suggested to him,that i would post it on the forum,as there are some really knowledgeable people on here.So here it is,anybody?

"It's about the 3 civil rights activists the were murdered,which lead to the making of Mississippi Burning"

He does not know the name of any of the actors,and he thinks the film came out after Mississippi Burning.

Thanks in advance.

2. Solomon Grundy

Solomon Grundy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,515
    I think there was a film called Ghosts of Mississippi which had a simi;ar theme but I don't think it was based on the same events...starred Whoopi Goldberg... :confused:

3. DrPepper

DrPepper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +236
    from IMDb

Murder in Mississippi (1990) (TV)

This is a based-on-a-true-story, personal account of the circumstances surrounding the murder of three civil rights workers in Mississippi during the "Freedom Summer" voter registration drives. This movie focuses on the three individuals involved, and takes place mostly before their deaths. Unlike the movie Mississippi Burning (which deals with the same story), Murder in Mississippi does not address the search for and prosecution of the men who committed the murders, but rather attempts to show the viewer the mindsets of the people involved in the civil rights movement.

4. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,339
    Moved from General Chat [by Garrett]

5. carl310166

carl310166

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks,i shall relay the info to him tonight,and see if it's the one he was thinking about.