What fan?

sauluk

Just ordered an e8400, want to overclock it, will I need a replacement fan or will the stock one be ok?

Jay

Banned
When it comes to overclocking it's always advisable to get a decent cpu cooler.

You'll be able to overclock with the stock fan but don't expect anything high, as the stock fans are only tested with the cpu at stock.

sauluk

Cheers guys, I'd have a fairly low budget, not wanting anything extreme just something that'll do the job. Got an Asus k51 ATX case so think I'm pretty flexible on size

Jay

Banned
Cheers guys, I'd have a fairly low budget, not wanting anything extreme just something that'll do the job. Got an Asus k51 ATX case so think I'm pretty flexible on size

If the zalmans in budget I'd go for that.

or if you can stretch the budget get a noctua one like in my sig, it was recommended by someone on these forums that knows their stuff and it keeps things incredibly cool, and it's quiet too if you're someone bothered by noisy fans
:)

sauluk

The zalman is pretty pricy, I was thinking of picking something up for about £15-20 2nd hand, will prob post on here actually.

Derailing a bit, what's windows 7 like? I'll be moving to vista with my new build, don't want to though, would far prefer OSX but unfortunately can't! :)

Jay

Banned
The zalman is pretty pricy, I was thinking of picking something up for about £15-20 2nd hand, will prob post on here actually.

Derailing a bit, what's windows 7 like? I'll be moving to vista with my new build, don't want to though, would far prefer OSX but unfortunately can't! :)

Windows 7 is what vista should have been, and I can see it being hailed as windows best os.

24 P

Have a look at the Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme. It is excellent, but at a price. It is available in different versions and with or without fan (add your own choice of fan). Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme

These really are the biz, I have one OC E8500 @ 3.8 stable as, running at about 33 degrees.
Can't see how I would be OC with out it..

:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom