What extras are missing on the dvd set

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Rob20, Sep 23, 2004.

1. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +722
    After reading that there are 'famous deleted scenes' missing from the set, I started wo wonder what else could have been put in. Perhaps being left for the ep 1-3 triology. What would you have liked to see?

2. dustjunky

dustjunky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would have liked to have seen the process the original films went through to both add in new details and the clean up of the film.

3. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +722
    I was thinking that last night. Would have been interesting to see the original film picture and sound, then shown how they cleaned it up, improved the sound to THX standard etc..

4. dsw182

dsw182

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    There was a clean-up comparison on the little pre-film documentaries on the 1997 video releases, showing what the restoration process did and it was quite amazing. There was a lot of Lucasfilm publicity schpiel about the 2004 re-restoration, so a feature on these discs would have made sense.

I would have liked a commentary with the main actors. I can imagine Harrison Ford being quite critical about some of it.

5. saibot

saibot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    I must have missed something major here... what are the "famous missing scenes" ???

d.

6. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +722
    Dunno really, just it was on teletext on bbc1 that there were 'famous' deleted scenes missing from tghe dvd set. Famous probably because it's Star Wars. Does seem odd that there's no deleted scenes.

7. dsw182

dsw182

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    These are the cut scenes I am aware of, mostly from Ep4:

Star Wars:
    - Cantina scene. The scene which appears in the movie is a reshoot of this. Less aliens and Han Solo's girlfriend.
    - Luke watching the opening space battle from surface.
    - Biggs & Luke scene. Establishing their friendship on Tatooine
    - Toshi Station. Luke tells his mates about the battle.
    - Biggs leaving scene. Lucas thought this scene was too reminscent of American Graffiti and so cut it (and the other Luke & friends parts)

Empire:
    - A plotline involving large amounts of Wampas was cut. They were going to be a bigger problem for the Rebels (killing Tautauns etc) and also the Imperial troops who invade.
    - Luke's rehab was a lot longer.
    - Luke-Leia romance stuff

Jedi:
    - Preparation for Han's rescue was to be revealed at the start.
    - The heroes encounter a sandstorm after rescuing Solo.

A lot more info about cut scenes can be found here:
    http://www.starwarscutscenes.com/

8. Stinja

Stinja
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,045
    Hmmmm, what about other deleted stuff? Like Luke/Leia kissing a second time in Star Wars, Yoda's glowing balls in Empire and other half-remembered things from when i saw it at the movie theaters?

Oh and anyone know how to unlock the blooper film on the 4th disk in the DVD set? Something like you have to go to the Video Game and Stills Gallery, and then enter 1138 somehow. But it dosent seem to unlock on my player :(

9. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  10. AgeOwns

AgeOwns
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This was never completly filmed. Though you can see c3po rip a yellow warning sign from a door in the original ESB trailer. The is supposedly a wampa locked in the other side of the door and stormtroopers were supposed to open the door and get attacked.
    In ESB you can also see a tauntaun being examined by a medical droid that was supposed to have been attacked by a wampa.

I have the episode 4 cut scenes on 'star wars: behind the magic' CD Rom released years ago... was expect them to be included on the bonus disk....little disappointed.

But the films still rock!

11. AgeOwns

AgeOwns
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    From the Main Menu go to the 'Video Games and Still Galleries' section. On the following screen use your remote control to type '11' and then press the 'Enter' key. Depending on your DVD player model you may have to press the '10+' and then the '1' key. Next, type '3' followed by the 'Enter' key and then '8' once again followed by 'Enter.' This will give you access to an almost 5-minute long blooper reel with the DVD credits, consisting of hilarious clips from all three films.
    All three movies also have three different kinds of menus that are selected at random when you boot up the disc. If you want to switch to any particular menu set, you can do so with a little trick, too. To get the first menu, simply press the 'Audio' button on your remote control while the FBI logo is visible. To boot up the second menu, press the '2' button during the FBI screen and in order to get to the third menu layout, press '12' – it may be '10+' and '2' depending on your player – and then press the '2' button once again.

"copied from http://www.dvdreview.com/html/hidden_features.shtml"

12. dsw182

dsw182

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Not sure if this is just for my DVD player or for all the Region2 discs but:

Input "11 -> box ganis yellow highlight.
    Input "3" -> screen loads
    Input "8" -> screen loads, credits begin.

Pressing enter after each number resets the menu and I kept tending to start up the Ep3 game preview by accident.