What exactly to go for.....

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by dave.g, Jun 24, 2005.

1. dave.g

dave.g

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Basically the simple question is I have £400 to spend and need two DVD players, one thats recordable and one that will play them back in a seperate room, what shall I get???
    The deeper question is.......the simple DVD player really can be cheap its only gonna be hooked up to a cheap crt tv when the other tv is occupied, so doesnt need much in the way of function except compatibility.
    The recorder is going to be connected to an HItachi 32LD7200 and sky plus, HDD isnt essential but a nice plus :D .
    I know these questions generally get ignored, but id really appreciate the help as im finding it hard to guess where to start.
    Any help much appreciated!!!!
    Cheers
    Dave

2. redsox_mark

redsox_mark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +620
    If the DVD player is for use with a cheap CRT for occasional use, then most any cheap player should do. Look in the player forum; but spend under £100 and use the rest on a DVD/HDD recorder (if you want to do editing, the HDD part is really useful).

Panasonic EH50 or Toshiba XS34 are available for under £300. Also could consider Sony 510.

If you haven't already seen this, I recommend this link:
    http://www.btinternet.com/~james_lancaster/whichdvd.HTML

Mark

3. Steve N

Steve N
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,164
    I agree with above. I would strongly recommend you go for an HHD machine.
    The Panny DMR-E85 can be picked up for around £299 now or even less if you shop around. It's got an 80gig harddrive

4. knotpc

knotpc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I would spend up to £350 on a DVD recorder and £50 on a video sender. Most video senders will change tv channels/sky/cable as well as most functions of the DVD recorder/DVD player, just take the remotes to the other room or get a one for all for £20. I bought a couple of senders from ALDI about 2 years ago for £29 each, they control up to 4 pieces of equipment each, their fine for stereo and picture.If you wire it up right the person in the first room can watch sky while you watch DVD and vice versa :beer: