What else compares to the Pioneer SC-LX72?

Brogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's upgrade time and I'm looking at a Pioneer SC-LX72.
Is this likely to be superseded soon bearing in mind the recent CES show?

I read somewhere that Pioneer only had car audio stuff at the show, So I assume there's no future upgrades on the table yet.

Good to know, thanks.

I see from your sig' that you have the LX82.

Apart from the extra power, what else does that have that the 72 doesn't?

I think these are the only differences: but someone else might have more info.

on the 82:-
Removable Power Cord
Multi-channel PQSL
Better iPod compatibility (album art etc)
48bit Deep Color
Additional HDMI input on front panel
One more Optical input. 4 optical inputs
Rhapsody streaming

TBO I just wanted the best I could afford at the time, hopefully I'll not need to upgrade for quite a while. :rolleyes:

I yhink you'll be more than happy with the 72 though.:thumbsup:

There's actually relatively little difference in spec between the 72 and 82. The main differences are power (an extra 10 watts per channel) as stated and the increase in thx certification from select2 to ultra2 which it think makes the lx72 a very good choice. Both the 72 and 82 use The digital ICEpower amplifiers which really improves the clarity and separation of sound. The 82 also has a sampling rate converter which upsamples all digital signals to 192khz.

Last edited:
Thanks guys.

Looks like the 72 is top of the list at the moment then.
I already have all Pioneer kit (6060, AX5i, 868AVi) so this should slot in nicely.

Edit: Hmmmm, just checked prices and the 82 is only £300 more...

Thanks guys.

Lol, that's another reason I plumbed for the 82.

Rhapsody streaming

Interesting. Is this available on the UK versions and the full music service? It's a while since I checked Rhapsody, but i thought it was for US residents only. Is it a special deal Pioneer have that allows UK residents to access it?

Now you are on dangerous ground!!!!! As there will be something better above the 82 for a few hundred extra!!!!! Before you realise you are spending several grand more than you started....:rotfl:

Interesting. Is this available on the UK versions and the full music service? It's a while since I checked Rhapsody, but i thought it was for US residents only. Is it a special deal Pioneer have that allows UK residents to access it?

Damn Dicklogde you found me out :D

I follow the US based AV Science forum, which has a long running thread on the SC 27 (sc-lx82 UK equivalent). It's the only place I could find a result on the differences. too lazy to read up myself. :rolleyes:

Damn Dicklogde you found me out :D

I follow the US based AV Science forum, which has a long running thread on the SC 27 (sc-lx82 UK equivalent). It's the only place I could find a result on the differences. too lazy to read up myself. :rolleyes:

:D The reason for asking is that you may have had a yamaha to Pioneer convert :D :D

It's a shame that rhaposody haven't launched in the UK, so wondered if this was a way round it. Napsters not bad though at the new rduced subscription prices and there probably isn't that much in it. Not forgetting Spotify....

I'm officially lost :D

No idea what Rhapsody or Spotify are - something to do with music I presume.

We only use We7 and that's it.

I'm officially lost :D

No idea what Rhapsody or Spotify are - something to do with music I presume.

We only use We7 and that's it.

Yep, Napster and Rhapsody are buy per track and/or monthly subscription music streaming services. Spotify is another free (with adverts) or subscription (no adds) music streaming service.

:D The reason for asking is that you may have had a yamaha to Pioneer convert :D :D

It's a shame that rhaposody haven't launched in the UK, so wondered if this was a way round it. Napsters not bad though at the new rduced subscription prices and there probably isn't that much in it. Not forgetting Spotify....

I used to use a software from the US(nicked a Florida Zip code to sign up. ;) :D ) They realised lots of non US ppl were doing this and put the khybers on it. Can't remember what it was called but very similar to spotify (I think Spotify copied it)

Has anyone got a PC connected via HDMI to a 72 or 82?

I'm just wondering whether I need to connect via the amp or go direct to the plasma (6090H).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom