1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What editing software do you use?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by torrent, Sep 16, 2003.

1. torrent

torrent

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm just wondering what editing suites (NLE's) people are using in this forum and how they find them?

So I'll start: I use Pinnacle's Edition 5.1 (soon to be Liquid Edition). I like the powerful editing capabilities of the software, although some things are over-complicated and also sometimes the interface is counter-intuitive. Certainly does have some sexy functions though (like the colour correction bits and timewarping). Plus it comes with more effects and transitions than you can shake a stick at (although I tend to stick with the same few).

Does anyone here edit solely using their camcorder functions?

2. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Sonic Foundry's Vegas Video

Great program , very reliable (never had a crash) , also can do AC3 5.1 surround mixing & encoding with plug-in pack & good audio features. I find it quick & easy to use.

Sonic Foundry's support on their forums is very good as well.

3. torrent

torrent

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yup, Vegas Video is an excellent product.

I really like the AC3 encoding (you get it with Vegas DVD or something like that). Not sure about the 5.1 thing as really you need to be some kind of sound engineer to set that up well.

4. torrent

torrent

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wow! This thread generated a lot of interest :D

5. snelly

snelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Pinnacle 8,

Seems OK - easy to pick up and use but it has hung a few times. I think it is pretty well suited as newbie/entry level territory coz it is cheap and fairly simple whilst achieving imo good results and supporting a few formats

Tim