What DVD with Decoder ? Toshiba SD420E ?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Jonb2010, Feb 3, 2003.

1. Jonb2010

Jonb2010
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having read loads of stuff in the last couple of days about DVD players I now realise what I need is a DVD player that has a built in Dolby Digital Decoder. If you read my other thread "What sound outputs needed ? " you will see why I need this.

One of the few players I have found with this is the Toshiba SD420E. Can anybody recommend this or anything else similar ?

Also has anybody seen any reviews of it ?

Any help much appreciated.

2. Bruce123

Bruce123
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I purchased one of these for my father (£169 MR from PRC) and have to say it produces a very good picture on his 32" Philips Tv.
    We have no experience of the onboard decoder as he is resisting additional speakers in his living room!!
    Looks reasonably attractive with the silvered mirror like front panel.
    Recommended from what I have seen.

Bruce

3. Jonb2010

Jonb2010
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I have just bought a Toshiba 420 from www.multiregionmagic.co.uk. Cost £169 but it is multi region. Very helpful staff to, I am local to them so I was able to pop in after work. I'll post what I think of it later.

4. AndersR

AndersR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You should take a look at the philips 763sa. It has both dolby digital and dts and it costs even less. It also got 5 out of 5 stars in what hifi.