What DVD recorder £250 - £300..?

(GTV)Chris

Hi,

Ok.. Lots of questions here....I would like to be the proud owner of a DVD recorder but I am stuck for choice.
I would use it in conjunction with my Sky+ and don't know whether to go for one with a HDD or not.
Secondly I would like Freeview tuner so I can record a third programme if there are already 2 planned in the SKY+ planner.
One factor for the HDD is that if Sky won't come out and repair my SKY box free of charge (The sound is faulty) then I may bin off sky and rely on the DVD recorder.
My budget is between £250 and £300 Max. Is there anything great that ticks all the boxes in this price range?
I would like one that records in 16:9 and not just 4:3. Oh, and Multi Region.

Many thanks

Chris

(GTV)Chris

Hi Chris,

Hows it going - looks like no one loves you enough to suggest a machine.
Never mind, we'll go to empire direct and ask the nice man in the shop eh?
Then we can go throw some bread at the ducks. Then later, a spot of dinner? The usual table for one in the corner by the kitchen entrance.

Cx

frund

Novice Member
I have a lg 7500 £199. del. currys. 80hd, dvd rewrite, tuner, good picture quality. Instant record, timer record, time slip. Well pleased no bad habits as I can spot. I'm not reading about it I've got it.

F

final

When I was looking for a dvd recorder at the beginning of the year, I was looking in the same price range. It had to have a freeview tuner, I didn't see the point of spending that amount for an analogue dvd recorder.
The choice was very limited.
I chose the SONY GXD310, and I can highly recommend it. It costs around £250. The 510 with a HDD costs just over £300.
If you look around these are available in multiregion versions.
Just a note on recording options, more are available using -R as opposed to +R. It records widescreen.
The EPG interface is excellent, recording is easy via the EPG.
When not using it as a recorder, it is an very good freeview box.

perrywhite

Standard Member
Whilst you might get a good deal on the Sony now, there are a lot of models round the corner which are likely to fulfil your requirements. I know I am looking for the same sort of thing as you (and with they same rationale) but want to avoid making a mistake as I'll only get it past my internal pricing committee once!
Looking at the lines due to come out this year I reckon there will be a few alternatives (and which can also play DivX which I would also like) if I just wait a little bit longer......I don't want to wait but want am prepared to wait for the perfect machine to come out.

louisg

perrywhite said:
Whilst you might get a good deal on the Sony now, there are a lot of models round the corner which are likely to fulfil your requirements. I know I am looking for the same sort of thing as you (and with they same rationale) but want to avoid making a mistake as I'll only get it past my internal pricing committee once!
Looking at the lines due to come out this year I reckon there will be a few alternatives (and which can also play DivX which I would also like) if I just wait a little bit longer......I don't want to wait but want am prepared to wait for the perfect machine to come out.
What are the machines you are looking at?
Rough idea of release dates to please.

louis

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom