What DVD player???

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by sheep, Feb 8, 2005.

1. sheep

sheep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I have recently bought a Tosh 48" DLP and want to get the best from it,I have connected my PC to it and so have seen how good the WM files are at 1080 i have seen you can buy DVD players that upscale the picture fron a standard DVD to 1080 so my question is which player will do a reaonable job of upscaling without paying a fortune as the new HD DVD players are due out this or next year and i dont want to pay a fortune for a nearly out of date player,is this one any good Cambridge Audio DVD79 Silver (Multi-region) it costs 200 pounds from Richer sounds and finally do these upscaling DVD players really make the picture much different from standard thanks for being patient with a stupid Newbie

2. MickyGee

MickyGee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    DVD 79 has a stunning 720p picture, but having probs with lip sync and getting 1080i picture on my Sharp LCD. It is a definate improvement over standard res - much sharper. Search the DVD79 thread for more details.

Due to probs I am going for a refund at RS and will probably go for Denon 1910 from Sound and Vision.