Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

What DVD player???

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by sheep, Feb 8, 2005.

1. sheep

sheep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I have recently bought a Tosh 48" DLP and want to get the best from it,I have connected my PC to it and so have seen how good the WM files are at 1080 i have seen you can buy DVD players that upscale the picture fron a standard DVD to 1080 so my question is which player will do a reaonable job of upscaling without paying a fortune as the new HD DVD players are due out this or next year and i dont want to pay a fortune for a nearly out of date player,is this one any good Cambridge Audio DVD79 Silver (Multi-region) it costs 200 pounds from Richer sounds and finally do these upscaling DVD players really make the picture much different from standard thanks for being patient with a stupid Newbie

2. MickyGee

MickyGee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    DVD 79 has a stunning 720p picture, but having probs with lip sync and getting 1080i picture on my Sharp LCD. It is a definate improvement over standard res - much sharper. Search the DVD79 thread for more details.

Due to probs I am going for a refund at RS and will probably go for Denon 1910 from Sound and Vision.