What DVD player

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Ante, Oct 9, 2000.

1. Ante

Ante

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am buying a new DVD player. My first choice was Pioneer DV-717 but after reading about lyp-sync problems I am not so sure anymore. I have about 500-600 pouns to spend and looking for advice. Thank You!

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a multi-region Pioneer DV-717, no lyp-sync problems for me, plays whatever you put into, and the remote is the best I've seen on a DVD player

wasn't the lyp-sync a problem on the older Pioneer models ??

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I think the lip-synch prob was with the 717 but was fixed with software so you should be OK getting one now. A friend has one and has never noticed it. I have a 626 and love it to bits... (or would if I had a decent TV!)

J.

4. Bada Bing

Bada Bing

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I have the Nakamichi DVD10s which is a great higher-end machine. CD playback has been reviewed as one of the best around, picture is fantastic, has a built in 5.1 decoder if your amp doesn't. The drive is a tad slow, but it's a small drawback for a great machine.

------------------
    "The Sony KP41DS1U has a serious design fault, so don't buy one"
    Not at all against Robbie Williams (Glasgow) Ltd or companies with a similar name who threaten to sue disgruntled customers

5. slamakn

slamakn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently bought the Sony 735 multi region from Techronics for £470 and am extremely impressed. It has excellent sound and picture quality and all the toys you could ever want. Looks cool in silver as well. I'd definately recommend a demo before buying.

6. Dino

Dino
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    dv 626

7. Bob Todd

Bob Todd
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +369
    I have the Hitachi 505, great machine.

8. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also have Sony 735. Most unimpressed. Have found 3 DVDs with Lip Sync problems and pauses on layer changes. Even the Wharfedale at half the price doesnt suffer these problems. It does have lots of toys but these are irrelevent if it irritates you to watch films on it. Had I known this before I purchased I would never have bought it. Steer clear. Try www.r2-DVD.org to look at known problems with DVD players and which DVDs they have problems with.

9. Ante

Ante

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the answers. I will buy new Pioneer 737. It just arrived in my country (Croatia)and cost around 600 pounds. One more question, has anyone used region-free mods from Chiptech?