what dvd player?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by jtf, Nov 19, 2004.

1. jtf

jtf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    having just returned my cambridge azur dvd player and av reciever as it kept going wrong im in the market for some new kit and im a little stuck. i ve just seen jamo are bringing out some new stuff has anybody seen it yet? i ve got around £500 for a dvd and reciever and my remaining set up is panasonic tx-28pm1 and mordaunt short premiere speakers. someone please help me spend my money before my wife does!!!!

2. serdar13

serdar13
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What was wrong with the cambridge azur dvd player as i have one and it is fine. is there something i should know?

3. jtf

jtf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    on the dvd player there were a few things 1,the picture wasnt centred on the screen 2,when playing a disc you would hear a knocking like the disc was loose 3,i had a very early model and there was a problem with pro scan and dvd audio not that i used them but if you buy something you want it to do what its supposed to.
    the receiver was fine i brought them as a pair so for me there was the cosmetics as i dont think it would look good next to a toshiba etc

4. serdar13

serdar13
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i swapped a toshiba 530 for the cambridge audio as the progressive scan was crap on the tosh. the campbridge was much better and with a firmware update cd from them i upgraded and the player is excellent.

5. jtf

jtf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    i might buy the azur stuff again its just that the problems i had along with a few other people on the forum had put me off a bit. but the new jamo stuff does look a bit tasty