1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what dvd player?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by graeme0781, Dec 6, 2003.

1. graeme0781

graeme0781

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    after seeing it recommended here, i'm now thinking about buying a toshiba sd330- but it doesn't have a digital decoder is this a big problem? or is it only important if i have a really expensive home cinema system?

my parents have a 14" with a scart lol
    or a relatively old big tv that works by morsecode or semaphore

thank you

graeme

2. ferris57

ferris57
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    No. Its not important in your situation. It's going to work fine with both your tv's.

A digital decoder in a dvd player is only needed if you have a 5.1/dts reciever and speaker set up with no decoder of it's own.

From what you have said you would just be using the dvd player hooked up to the tv with no additional sound system. Your saving money on the player by cutting out something you don't need.

If you went down the route of home cinema sound at a later date you would just use a reciever which has a dolby digital/dts decoder built in, along with your 5, 6, 7 or even 10 speakers and a sub :).