1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What DVD player you are using and whats your experience with DISC ERROR ?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Jazzartist, Aug 3, 2003.

1. Jazzartist

Jazzartist

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hallo there ,

I have been wondering for a while about Disc erroe and what causes it? I have not come up with any good answer yet . I am using Toshiba SD 1250 and Panasonic LV -50 . Out of 100 disc I find at least 5 of them showing Disc error. Most of my collcetion is original disc . So far I have only found The Jackal original disc showing disc error other wise the disc having errors are mostly pireted ones .In our country 90 % of the folks use Pirated ones . WE gathered from mutual comapriosn that Pioneer and Samsung DVD players are the one 's having minimum of Disc errors . Other brands like Sony , Pansonic , Toshiba , Mrantz , Yamaha all show disc errors. Can you share your experience with us?
    Regards.

Jazzartist

2. stubags

stubags

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Someone told me about something called DVD rot. If you do a search for this on Google, it's quite interesting. I have two DVD's that are about 4 years old that no longer play - although I haven't tried all my old discs.