What DVD player replaced the Pioneer DV535?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Greyhound, Dec 8, 2003.

1. Greyhound

Greyhound
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know what model DVD player replaced the DV535?
    I bought this player a few years ago but would like to know the equivalent player in todays terms - for example would it be the 464? I'm really more interested in terms of the new player that sits in the same place as the DVD535 did in the Pioneer family of DVD players.

2. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +855
    Had one of these myself for three years now (still working fine), but also thinking of a replacement. I would say the 565A is the eqivalent - it costs the same as my 535 did, but obviously has a lot more features for the money.

3. Greyhound

Greyhound
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thats what I thought originally but I wouldn't say its an entry level player like the 535 was I think. With the introduction of the cheaper 300 and 400 series I thought the 464 or 454 was the same sort of level as the older 535. Anyway things have moved on so much since I bought mine that the low end players are probably just as good or better as my old player in terms of pictire and sound quality.

4. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +855
    You're probably right, but because my old 535 is still okay, i'll be looking to upgrade mine rather than just a direct replacement.