What DVD Player for Sony TV?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by stroboscopic, Mar 31, 2005.

1. stroboscopic

stroboscopic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

After a year with my new TV (Sony 32FQ86) and my old Pioneer DV-350, I feel it's time for an upgrade of player. One of the reasons is the incompatibility between the Sony and the Pioneer when using RGB (shows as an aweful green flicker). However, it is also a Pioneer player (the 470) the one that leads my short list, and I can't find a shop near my home that will allow me to personally test that model.

I've already tested an LG player that had an excellent image and no ficker at all (shame about the sound slighty out of sync). Then I tested a Samsung, and it also had the same flicker problem, although less. I'm also considering the Philips DVP 630, but it's ugly and already a bit old. Haven't found the Philips 720A except on-line.

Are the new Pioneers (470 and 575) compatible with Sony TVs, particularly mine? Any more experiences on this combo?

Thanks in advance

2. Benfica

Benfica

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Pioneer 575 and a Sony TV (SONY KV-32FQ75) and I don't have any incompatibility issues at all. I use a SCART/RGB cable (a "good" one) to connect both.

HTH

3. spiver

spiver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Hi I would have to recommend the DVP-NS930 its a steal at around £250 multiregion. Superb playback, great menus, prog scan and a SACD player too. I use mine with a Sony 42" plasma. The remote handles both units (as does the Plasma remote) Its a superb peice of kit. It looks ood and even plays CDs pretty well. :thumbsup: