what dvd player for sony 3lcd

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by luke sheehan, Mar 16, 2006.

1. luke sheehan

luke sheehan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey everyone ,im a poor student but decieded to reward my self by clearing my overdraft by blitzing it all again on buying the 42 inch sony 3lcd . the 50 was jus too big for my room . i also got my xbox 360 and have call of duty 2 ( amazing ) gotham ( even better) fight night ( wow) and ghost recon which is jus sublime to play and online is awsome. Graphics are jus amazing. anyway with dvds im using an old sony player , im not sure which model . PQ is ok , but its mainly the size that impresses me, can anyone please suggest a dvd player of a max price of £250 that upscales and will make me go wow, ive been looking at the denon 1920 has anyone got one of these and is it any good, will i notice a big difference with a upscaler, and are there any porblems with lip sync with this player, please any suggestion as my B day is only 2 weeks away , thatnks. awsome tv

2. Redjay

Redjay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    I use a Denon 1920 with this Tv and it is superb. The hdmi upscaling at 720p and 1080i does improve the picture.

Fo rthe price and quality i do not think that you can beat the denon. I paid £200 for it.

3. luke sheehan

luke sheehan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for ur reply, where did u get ur denon 1920 from for that price. what PQ improvments does the upsacling act on, does it make it alot sharper. is it almost hi def and will it make me go wow when i see it. sorry to be so naieve again.

4. Bat-man

Bat-man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +556
    Depends on the source material.

5. Redjay

Redjay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    I got it from a shop in Rugby called sounds Expensive ( ask for Nick on 01788 540772 ) and the HDMI sharpens the whole picture up!

6. Rizza

Rizza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +368
    There isn't much difference between a good progressive player and an upscaling one like the Denon, if you have a huge overdraft, then go for it by all means, but I don't think the outlay will justify the improvement.. if you notice any.

Rizza

7. luke sheehan

luke sheehan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers Rizza thanks for ur reply, ill probably hold on with the one i got for now then and wait for the HD DVD vs Blue ray battle....just need a surround sound system with amp for around £200, probaly best posting it on the speaker forum unless anyone has any suggestions

8. kev777

kev777
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I compared my Denon 2910 via HDMI with an xbox via component on the sony, the Denon normally used on my Pio plasma.

While the picture is good with both the definition with the denon is much better, i.e. there is no noticeable pixelation with the Denon but is with the xbox.

I'm thinking the Denon 1920 will probably be the best option, any thoughts?

9. Nem

Nem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  10. M-C-P-M

M-C-P-M

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    When you have got your TV and DVD don't forget to blame the Government for how poor you are and the fee's they make you pay:devil:

11. Rizza

Rizza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +368
    I agree the Denon is probably the best upscaling DVD player, but the difference with a 'good' progessive DVD player is minimal, and some may not see any difference. I wouldn't class an xbox as a good DVD player, and I even wonder if the playback is progressive, so i'll expect the Denon to be noticably better.

Rizza