1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What DVD Player for around £300-£400?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by bazzah, Oct 24, 2004.

1. bazzah

bazzah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just recently bought a Denon 2805 amp, and 42" Plasma, and think it is about time I upgraded my Sony 725 DVD Player. I will also be buying a new set of floor standers for around the same value, so I was wondering if anyone could give me a pointer in what's the best for my price range! Has to be multi region, and the missus insists it must play our home made family DVD's! :cool: Mainly it will be used for films, but music is very important aswell. Although I hear there's a few out there that are useful as drinks holders! :confused:

2. MS-Yam

MS-Yam
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi bazzah!

Why not check out my advert in the 'hardware classifieds' section for a brand new Denon DVD-1910 (just released). It has everything you mention, even DVI! Will go nicely with your amp too - and you'll save yourself £30!

3. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +229
    :laugh: hehe, feels like spam!

Yes its true that the new denons are good players that have true digital conections (DVi, HDMi) as long as your TV suports them.

Even if you dont use these you get a very good analog picture through component.

As for multy region. Well there are actually 3 new denons. the 1910, 2910 and 3910.

Currently on this site there are free Firmware upgrades you can get for the 2910 and 3910 whch makes them multyregion for free.

All you do is download the file, burn to a CD-R and instal the firmware on the new player to make it multy region.

However I havent seen the firmware for the 1910. (MS-Yam may have it)

The cheapest player is the 1910, but the 2910 might be worth the extra money.

Since you are buyin lots of new stuff you dont want to skimp on the DVD player im sure!

4. TheeNoMaD

TheeNoMaD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have a look at superfi online they have the Denon 2200 for £300 Prettyg good audio and great video.

5. bazzah

bazzah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for all your info - I'm looking into them all now! :thumbsup: