1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What DVD and AMP?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by IainG, Dec 20, 2000.

1. IainG

IainG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am about to buy a DVD and AMP. Having read previous comments it seems the Pioneer DV535 is a safe bet. Also I want to upgrade my current pro-logic amp (Sony TA VE 100). I had considered the Sherwood 6106RD but comments would suggest I'd be better with the Yamaha DSP A5.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Also I can't afford to buy new speakers just now so will I get away with the Sony speakers from my prologic amp?

[This message has been edited by IainG (edited 20-12-2000).]

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    mY ADVICE IS THAT THE PLAYER IS A GOOD BET.iT IS AN EASY MODEL TO HAVE CHIPPED,WILL COST AROUND £25-50 DEPENDING ON THE CHIP AND WHERE YOU BUY IT FROM.ALSO A REAL PLUS WITH THE PIONEERS IS THE CD-R PLAYBACK WHICH A LOT OF PLAYERS CANT HANDLE.

AS FOR AN AMP I WOULD HAVE TO SAY YOU SHOULD GO FOR A YAMAHA DSP-A2.LOOK AROUND AND YOU CAN PICK THEM UP FOR AROUND £450-600.(sEVENOAKS HAVE IT IN THE SALE FOR £500).
    YES I KNOW IT IS A TWO YEAR OLD MODEL BUT IT WILL DEFINATELY GIVE YOU YEARS OF DYNAMIC SOUND AND IS A GOOD BASE FROM WHERE TO START WHEN REPLACING YOUR SPEAKERS.IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT WHY NOT BUY A DECENT PAIR OF SPEAHERS TO GET YOU GOING WHEN BUYING THE AMP.A GOOD BUDGET SET OF JAMO DIPOLES WILL COST ABOUT £99.
    tHESE ARE JUST SUGGESTIONS BUT I WOULD LIKE TO THINK THAT NEARLY TEN YEARS IN THE HOME CINEMA GAME HAVE RUBBED OFF ON ME.
    IF YOU WANT TO TALK MORE ABOUT CERTAIN OPTIONS THEN WHY NOT EMAIL ME, philhinton@talk21.com.
    HOPE THIS HELPS
    SEE YA
    PH.

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Buy the way when new the yamaha dsp a2 cost £1000, and i still think it is worth that today.but obviously new models are on the horizon from yamaha with matrix 6.1 and dts es.
    i also didn't answer the sony speakers issue very well. you can basically use what speakers you like with your system depending on what you want quality wise.so as a stop gap to save for better speakers then yes you can use them.( i take it they are the small plastic affairs )

4. gwbailey

gwbailey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Get the Yammy,there's no comparison!!