What drivers for Nova-T PCI card for MCE ?

snow-munki

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

had a browse and couldn't find for 100% sure which is the best driver / software to use for my Nova-T card on MCE ?

Does it just need drivers or do i need to install some software aswell ?

Thanks

get the latest drivers from the www.hauppauge.co.uk , i think there in the suport section, get the edia center ones...

when you install the dirvers, just unzip them to the desktop, and go to control panel, system properties, then device manager, and right click on the tv tuner and select update driver, then point it to the desktop for the drivers, you need to do this 3 or 4 times....for each piece of hardware on the card...

Go to the US hauppauge.com site for downloads, they are often a newer vesrion than the UK site which takes a time to catch up. For MCE all you need is the drivers. If you download the whole CD (only about 17Meg) you'll have all you need.

i just got told about this very usefull site, i'd never heard of it before but it should be bookmarked by every1 with a hauppage

http://www.shspvr.com/

got upto date drivers for my 150 yesterday and it runs perfectly

bengoff said:
i just got told about this very usefull site, i'd never heard of it before but it should be bookmarked by every1 with a hauppage

http://www.shspvr.com/

got upto date drivers for my 150 yesterday and it runs perfectly

Second that mine works a treat, even the dvt-radio works well.

argg....

ok no luck at all. I havea Nova-T PCI card and have tried both USA and UK drivers and neither work.

they include the nova-t usb drivers and WinTV drivers but NOT Nova-t PCI drivers

any ideas ?!?!?

ok found out the problem might also be because i need some dvd decoder installed aswell, is that right ?

the one reccomend was the nvidia one, butyou have to purchase it, is there a free alternative ?

I had a heck load of problems getting mine to work.

In the end I downloaded the latest drivers from the USA site (the ones from the UK site didn't work), pull the card out, then delete any references to hauppage in device manager, THEN use the driver cleaner that you can download from the web site, then put card back in, and point the New Hardware found wizards to the drivers I'd downloaded.

It all worked after that lot.

It seems that unless you clean up any previous drivers and stuff first, it just won't work.

IIRC I ended up using the Technotrend BDA drivers for my Nova-T PCI and it's working fine :)

Dave

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom