Question What does this symbol mean?

mattressback

What does this symbol mean? It just appeared on my desktop yesterday, I rebooted and it didn't return however today its come back. nothing happens if I click OK, the symbol stays on top of anything else I open, ie a Web browser.

Attachments

• IMG_20210212_101655.jpg
    IMG_20210212_101655.jpg
    390 KB · Views: 17

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
Similar issue here, although no solution.

Do you have Avira installed?

mattressback

Similar issue here, although no solution.

Do you have Avira installed?
Yeah I do have avira installed, if just came to that conclusion myself that it might be something to do with that. I switched it off tho and it still remains but the icon looks similar to the ones in the app.

To me it looks like a no Internet available symbol but I'm connected,, tho thro a, vpn

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
Turned off vpn but it still remains, does the OK button do anything on yours?

I was just talking about the link, I don't have it myself.

Does uninstalling Avira get rid of it? The first step is always to track down the culprit rather than trying random things.

mattressback

I was just talking about the link, I don't have it myself.

Does uninstalling Avira get rid of it? The first step is always to track down the culprit rather than trying random things.
I haven't uninstalled it yet but might when it starts to annoy me greatly. I ended avira in task manager but weirdly it still remained

Atomic77

To me it looks like the symbol that comes up when the wifi isn't connected or working.

strangely tim

Its a common problem with Avira, two solutions are uninstall Avira or open task manager and shut down running processes until it disappears. IMO you don't need it, Windows Security has improved so much its all I use on 11 machines.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom