Reaction score
Hi friends

im new with HiFi systems

i have read my amplifier data sheet

it has some items that i dont know what they mean

please give me explanation

Amplifier Section:
Channel 7.2
Rated Output Power (1kHz, 1ch driven) 170 W (4ohms, 0.9% THD [European Model])
Rated Output Power (1kHz, 2ch driven) 120 W (8 ohms, 0.9% THD)
Rated Output Power (20Hz-20kHz, 2ch driven) 110 W (8 ohms, 0.09% THD)
Maximum Effective Output Power (1kHz, 1ch driven) (JEITA) 165 W (8ohms, 10% THD)
Dynamic Power per Channel (8/6/4/2 ohms) 135 / 165 / 210 / 280 W

how can this data help me in slection of speakers?

thanks

I'd not worry about the specifications. All you need to know is that the vast majority of speakers available to you will work with your receiver. I would avoid speakers with an impedance lower than 6 and higher than 8 ohm though and speakers who's minimum powr requirement is greater than 30 watts. The speakers sensitivity should ideally be as high as possible, preferably greater than 85db.

Is the receiver in question the Yamaha RXV1030? Is so then the only spec you need take note of is this:

Rated Output Power (20Hz-20kHz, 2ch driven) 110 W (8ohms, 0.09% THD)

It gives the constant power you can expect in watts if powering two channels of audio (2 speaker) if those speakers are imposing an impedance of 8 ohm upon the amplifier. The THD figure is the level of headroom distortion you can expect while the receiver is doing this. Human hearing doesn't generally distinguish harmonics as distortion until the percentage is fairly high. 1% means the added harmonic is -20dB and that would be masked by the music at most usable levels. Anything above 1% is undesirable. 20 - 20,000 Hz is the audible frequency range and accepted as being the range of human hearing.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom