1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What does the Panasonic TYFB7SD SDi board do?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by alanfcross, Feb 27, 2005.

1. alanfcross

alanfcross

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Panasonic TYFB7SD SDi board is a pretty expensive board for the Panasonic palsmas. I can't find anywhere that says what it actually does! The best I can find is a photo showing just two BNCs. Not even the Panny web site or Google will give it up on a search. It's obviously not the same as a composite (PAL/NTSC) input board (which is MUCH cheaper). Someone round here must know!

2. Likvid

Likvid
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    You can use it for feeding a signal from a SDI modded DVD-player or Sat-receiver which means a pure digital signal all the way to the plasma panel.

However the SDI card for the Pannies does only accept 60Hz at 720p and 1080i.

3. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    SDI stands for serial digital interface. That's what it is and does. But as it is limited to 60Hz, they are not flying out of the door in Europe.

4. alanfcross

alanfcross

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That would explain the high price-tag - I thought SDI was Standard Definition Interface - ie bog standard PAL or NTSC with some sort of processor. Now I know I definitely don't want one - thanks guys!