What does Sky Digital Channel 531 (FOX News) look like on a plasma TV?

N

niceTV

Hello,

Thinking of buying a plasma TV. I currently only really watch FOX News Channel (SKY Digital Channel 531). I recently went to Comet and flicked the SKY+ box to sky digital channel 531 (fox news channel), the picture quality looked really bad.

The channel is a live NCTS < (american format) to live PAL (English format) and is not in digital playout according to members on the digitalspy website, so the picture quality is pretty poor as it is on a standard CRT.

When going into Comet the picture quality looked really poor on the plasma.

As this is the only channel i like watching, i would like to know if it would be possible for you people to take some photographs of the channel on your plasama tvs and to give me comments on the picture quality on this channel and ways to improve it by adjusting the plasma settings.

Thanks very much :lease:

niceTV said:
Hello,

Thinking of buying a plasma TV. I currently only really watch FOX News Channel (SKY Digital Channel 531). I recently went to Comet and flicked the SKY+ box to sky digital channel 531 (fox news channel), the picture quality looked really bad.

The channel is a live NCTS < (american format) to live PAL (English format) and is not in digital playout according to members on the digitalspy website, so the picture quality is pretty poor as it is on a standard CRT.

When going into Comet the picture quality looked really poor on the plasma.

As this is the only channel i like watching, i would like to know if it would be possible for you people to take some photographs of the channel on your plasama tvs and to give me comments on the picture quality on this channel and ways to improve it by adjusting the plasma settings.

Thanks very much :lease:

What hours are Fox News broadcasting? is it a 24hrs service?

I've just switched over to it (Viera 42) and it doesn't look great compared with most u.k. based channels, lack of definition but colours are ok. Probably much to do with NTSC2 conversion (or Not The Same Colour Twice as it is mischievously nicknamed by some ;)
It's still likely to be far better than you viewed in Comet, where everything looks substandard vs a dedicated feed.
cheers,
Andy

Considering it's NTSC - it's not as bad as I would have expected.Watchable.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom