• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

What does everyone think of the new dashboard?

Bamford38

Banned
In general im liking it a lot.
Its cleaner, easier to use and navigate.
Theres a few things i had trouble finding last night, but im sure ill get used to it.

Whats everyone elses opinions?

Also, does anyone have lovefilm? Is it worth getting?
I had a quick look last night and it doesnt seem to have a great selection of films, i was imagining it being like a video shop built into my xbox, but the films are all pretty old.

New Start Neil

Distinguished Member
I've had it a while as I was part of the beta and I like it.

To me, it's just a dash. I use my 360 almost exclusively for games, so I fire it up, press a button and play the game that's in the drive.

I very rarely use Facebook or twitter on it, or any of the other apps in all honesty, so it doesn't make that much difference to me.

I like the cleaner look and colours and as long as it lets me play games easily I'm happy. :smashin:

jason g

Distinguished Member
i prefer the old one as it was more quicker to search through, they made this new one too complicated to look at something, as for something like lovefilm which i am a member of i still prefer to look on my laptop at it as i don't want to have to keep going to the dashboard to check something on lovefilm, it's quicker to use my laptop.

i'll get used to the new dashboard but i did prefer the old one.

Jamezinho

Distinguished Member
I don't like the new one much. The old one looked better and felt more slick and intuitive. The new dash looks and feels cluttered.

Lostsoul 301281

Distinguished Member
This new dashboard is annoying the **** out of me!!
I couldn't give a **** who's playing what or when they start playing a different game.
I keep alerts on for achievements and party/game invites, but this is a joke.
All this update seems to be is constants alerts.

And it's not easier to navigate.
It took me 10 minutes to figure where the hell they'd moved things like changing you theme to.

Worst update yet!

/rant

Flawed Tactics

Established Member
Best update yet.

The best layout of the 3 dashboards so far.

Can't wait for all the apps to come along, I'm into all that extra stuff consoles are getting these days.

I'm an open minded gamer that likes to get more than games from my game consoles, its better value really, provided the apps I use are freebies lol.

So yes, bring on the apps Microsoft, the more the better, but free ones are the best (by free I mean, no sub req'd)

My only criticism is that its taken MS this long to make more use of its console, all that power just to play games... such a waste! :laugh:

Lostsoul 301281

Distinguished Member
Flawed Tactics said:
My only criticism is that its taken MS this long to make more use of its console, all that power just to play games... such a waste! :laugh:

Seriously?
It's a games console.
That's what it was designed for, playing games.
It's not a PC.

I don't understand why people want something that's supposed to be so simple to be turned in to something far more complicated than it needs to be.

Originally, the Xbox 360 was great.
You played games, downloaded game demos, trailers and arcade games, extra content for for retail games, and played online, message and chat with friends.

I don't use any of this extra content like movies, streaming music or watching Sky tv.
For me, it's pointless all this extra stuff being there.
And I'm sure I'm not the only one.

To me, this update is as useful as a chocolate teapot.

cassius76

Established Member
I have to say.. I am really not a fan of the new dash. In fact I positively loathe it. They have shrunk everything down. So I have a massive border of my theme and the titchy actual functional dash in the middle. And so much clicking to get to my videos or music.

LJx

Prominent Member
I like it, i think everything is quicker to access, or it will be with a little practise. The cloud storage feature is excellent if you play xbox in different locations

Tokoloshe Man

Prominent Member
I love people who complain about having to scroll through pages to find things. We really are the lazy generation.

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
Hate it! :-(
Arcade and indie games may as well be in a coffin they're buried that deep.

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
And correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't xbox lovefilm sd only? Sd looks mostly rubbish after you have got used to bluray, hd telly and xbox games.
And alongside that, lossless soundtracks will have also been given the boot won't they? You may as well have a proper lovefilm sub if you're that into it.

mattclarkie

Distinguished Member
Very poor use of space. The NXE had it's issues (my did it have issues), but it used the display much more effectively, the new 'home' seems to be keeping a massive safe area for people that don't have 1:1 pixel mapping, only 50% of the screen has any content on it.

Lets go back to the blades.

attachment.php

Now move on.......to the next dash.

attachment.php

Now the current dash.

attachment.php

So this Ads issue on the new dash is really just one small Ad in the corner.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 554
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 577
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 571

Crovon

Distinguished Member
You missed out the dash just before this one pixel.

Husksplitter

Standard Member
Lets go back to the blades.

Now move on.......to the next dash.

Now the current dash.

So this Ads issue on the new dash is really just one small Ad in the corner.
I think whats happening here is many people (myself included), consider the Call of Duty Elite and the Halo Anniversary sections to also be adverts, I understand they don't say "Advertisement" underneath them but that is exactly what they are.

mattclarkie

Distinguished Member
I think whats happening here is many people (myself included), consider the Call of Duty Elite and the Halo Anniversary sections to also be adverts, I understand they don't say "Advertisement" underneath them but that is exactly what they are.

Indeed, I have Elite already but 50% of the page is an advert telling me to get the service I already have, or don't care about.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom