What does "DCXO Adj." mean on JVC Service Menu?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by spenno39, Oct 20, 2005.

1. spenno39

spenno39

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I'm having problems with lip sync / sound delay on my JVC AV-32R57SK 32" TV. At first I thought it was Sky+ ( http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254354 , but I think it's actually the TV.

When I go into the Service Menu and select 'Audio', the only option I get is "DCXO Adj. 12H". What does this mean? Could it be something to do with adjusting the audio sync? When I flick channels, a 'NICAM' label appears under this setting on any channel which has NICAM on.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Many thanks

2. Welwynnick

Welwynnick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +943
    ..CXO usually means ... controlled crystal oscillator - the clock or frequency reference.

Nick

3. Chris Muriel

Chris Muriel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +763
    I suspect it's "Digitally" Controlled Crystal Oscillator - but it's a new one on me.
    I am very used to TCXO (T=Temperature), VCXO (V=Voltage) and OCXO (O=Oven) as I sometimes use such beasts.

Chris Muriel, Manchester.

4. spenno39

spenno39

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    So I don't think that setting's going to help my lip sync / audio lag problem then!

5. Mighty_K

Mighty_K
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Everyone!

I took delivery of a JVC AV32R57SK today I've got the same faults with mine. Serves me right for buying a discounted used/returned model...

Problems are that lip-sync lags on all input sources (tv, freeview, dvd, vcr and PS2), there is a continual high-pitched hissing from the speakers and the subwoofer doesn't work at all. I ran the audio-out through my hi-fi and it had the same hissing etc. The TV is basically unwatchable until Comet's service engineer can visit in 10 days time...

I've done all the obvious things like checked leads and the audio menu settings so all hints, tips etc on fixing this (e.g. how to reboot the firmware or do a factory reset) will be gratefully received!

Thanks
    Mighty_K