What does 'Cinema' mode do on Panny?

Likvid

Ex Member
Reaction score
What's the difference between the Standard and Cinema mode on the Panasonics except the usual values in the menu.

Is there any changes in the service menu between the modes?

Not 100% sure.
I have had mine calibrated and then set both the normal mode then the cinema mode with DVE. The normal mode seems a bit more coourfull and slightly sharper, but there is more noticable soloraisation. Cinema mode seems ever so slightly washed out if you are not used to it, but it holds the black level better and has reduced solarazation.

Yes i noticed much more punch in the whites, like when you set gamma to S-curve....

THe colours seems more vibrant as well and sharper as you say.

Guess i have to ask the guys in the U.S about this as they know more about it :rolleyes:

David-Sheekey said:
Not 100% sure.
I have had mine calibrated and then set both the normal mode then the cinema mode with DVE. The normal mode seems a bit more coourfull and slightly sharper, but there is more noticable soloraisation. Cinema mode seems ever so slightly washed out if you are not used to it, but it holds the black level better and has reduced solarazation.

guys quick question -

If i set my PW7 screen to s-curve in the setup and then power on the mediabox will it still be set to s-curve or will the mediabox override the change and just display it in cinema mode which is what its currently set too.

Thanks

Dal

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom