Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

what does ccf stand for?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by grahamricho, Feb 4, 2002.

1. grahamricho

grahamricho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    just ordered a pronto, never read much about them but what does ccf stand for?am i just fick

2. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    pronto and rc5000 files are saved as xxxxx.ccf

3. MartinB

MartinB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can't remember where I read it (probably www.remotecentral.com), but the original name for the Pronto started with a C, so it originally stood for Cxxxx Config File.

Martin.

4. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You're right Martin, I also can't remember the original name though! Philips just didn't bother to change it to PCF.

5. uncle eric

uncle eric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Charles, Chompie and Freddy :eek:

Eric

6. jay

jay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone help me i have a Marantz rc5000i which i droped recently and can not be repaired. I can get a Philips Pronto cheaply and i would like to know if i can use the same files in the Marantz and transfer them to the Pronto. Can you tell me if they would work on the pronto because if not i a would have to start from scratch with setting up my system again.

7. alanrob

alanrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +234
    I believe they are one in the same. Looking on www.remotecentral.com the ccf files seem to be for both the Pronto and the Marantz remotes.

When you save your setup to disk what is it called? Does it have .ccf at the end? If so, then it should work on a Pronto.

Best thing to do is attatch your setup to the thread and someone here with a Pronto will try it out for you.

8. jay

jay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes the file ext is .ccf i would be very gratfully if someone would try this file on the Pronto. Also can it be uploaded useing Pronto setup on the Pc.I will send anyone interested in helping me the file if they can email me.My address is
    jjmoore@esatclear.ie

Thanks again
    Jay

9. T1000

T1000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The reason the file extension for a pronto config file is .ccf is because the original name of the Pronto was 'Cabernet'.. Hence .ccf Cabernet Configuration File

Jonno