1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you want to see on the PSP (Hardware and Software)

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by figoagogo, Aug 13, 2005.

1. figoagogo

figoagogo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +584
    I have been thinking of things I want for my PSP, I was wondering if you lot had a great ideas, here is my wish list:

GPS System - I am sure I heard talk of this, any one know of anything about it? It cant be that difficult to have something that plus into the PSP USB socket and the software on UMD, if it was priced well I would buy it

DVDs to come with a file with the main movie preformatted for putting on to the PSP - As I find it a long and buggy task trying to rip movies then convert them

A Parrapa the Rappa Remix - All the past Parrapa games on one UMD great for mobile gaming

Vib Ribbon - Using MP3s on Memory Stick, listen and play to your music collection

THATS ALL I WANT, Come Sony sort it out... :clap:

2. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,239
    I don't think current gen DVDs can fit an extra 1.5 gb for a PSP compatible ver. Prob dual layer or next gen DVD formats. Anyway, UMD films renders this idea a non-starter

Yes, a GPS device is rumoured

For PSP 2, (in 4 years of course), I think Sony will keep the same physical size. But add another analogue stick, a seperate or better design for power/hold/sleep switch. They might be able to squeeze in better SQ, or of a higher calibre speakers.

And a better batt of course. Oh, Sony have confirmed on working on a better PSP batt. No release date confirmed yet

Maybe a slightly higher res screen.

Oh, and matching wriststrap and headphones next time Sony? Its not an iPod.

Edit: not actually PSP changes, but cheaper and higher capacity MS

3. micol

micol
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    How about a frickin hard drive? If you can get 20gb on one of those Archos players surely you can get something built into a PSP?

Quote from Toms hardware website review Oct 2004:

"The Gmini 400 weighs in at 158 grams (5.64 oz.) and measures 106 x 60 x 18 mm (4.17 x 2.37 x 0.69 in.) - pretty much the same measurements as the latest iPod. It contains a very fast 20 GB Toshiba hard disk".

If you could get a hard disk on it, then you could start looking at operating systems and a mini pc!

GPS would be fantastic too!

4. aligebes

aligebes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    A GPS system is rmoured to be in existence in prototype only. Other devices that have been talked about are, EYetoy for PSP, TV Tuner, keyboard.

Out of these I think thet keyboard would be next followed by the TV Tuner.

Rumours that I have seen on the net also include turning the PSP into a remote control for any Sony device that has a remote, TV,DVD,projector etc.

Some people also say that right now, the PSP can control certain movements of AIBO!!

5. chrislad

chrislad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Hardware
    TV Tuner
    Battery with at least twice the capacity
    Ability to transfer files between Sony products and USB (getting a Sony Ericsson k750i this month)
    Burnable UMD hardware, to make your own music/movie discs

Software
    WWE game
    Final Fantasy games (new or remakes)
    PSOne Classiscs Range (a la NES Classics for the GBA)
    Sony to release software that will actually use the full movie capabilities of the PSP

6. Ger

Ger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    I think that storage is the biggest problem I have with the PSP at the moment. Memory sticks are expensive and it doesn't look like recordable UMDs will become available. A hard drive would have been nice (even a small 20gig one would have been great). Adding a drive would push up the price, but they should at least give us a choice!

Also, full res video would be great too, but that would kill UMDs (assuming they are popular).

Software is also a big problem. Sony don't seem to have a dedicated PSP package for the PC. Everything I do on my PC for the PSP is done through Windows Explorer and PSPVideo9! One suite for ripping music, formatting video, transferring files and backing up saved game data would be good.