What do you want to see in the first add on pack?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Pebb, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Pebb

Pebb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +829
    What new type maps, equipment, perks and guns would you like to see in future add on packs for Call of Duty 4?

2. torr1x

torr1x

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Like them to get rid of martyrdom, have some more urban combat maps, and sort the matchmaking out.

3. RedAl

RedAl
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,988
    I agree with you about Martydom. I feel sneaky using the snipers rifle but Martydom really gets the goat. I have a habit of robbing the bodies of those i`ve just killed for their guns in case they have better guns than me. Sods law says they`ve got the Martydom perk and my joy at a kill and a better weapon turns to dismay as they blow me to smithereens. Drives me bonkers.

4. D@Z

[email protected]

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    Im happy with martyrdom and indeed everything else abou tthe game to be honest. Aside from setting it in WWII I wouldn't change anything.

Just some new maps would be fine for me, not fussy what type, I like most of them.

5. torr1x

torr1x

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Yep. Wheres the skill in it. At the very least they should award much less points than a proper kill, say 2 points. Bit like rugby really, more points for a try, less for a conversion, due to whats harder to do. Imo martyrdom just encourages shooting from distance ..

6. daveon

daveon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +126
    I want the sniper rifles to be tightened up a bit, if my cross hair is on someone I expect to hit them (unless they are running of course), I should have better range with a sniper rifle than I do with an M16 also. Plus bolt action rifles should be one hit one kill (well at least the Barrett anyway, a .50 cal gun would blow a human body apart in real life, i.e. a shot to your arm would remove it, the same with your head, so I should not need to hit you twice to take you down).

I would like a couple of new maps and I don't mean tiny ones like shipment, something on the scale of crossfire or crash. As far as location is concerned there are still plenty of areas from the single player game they could use, how about the map used in safe house and again in heat?

I wouldn't mind some new challenges either, some for pistols, you could have the obvious marksman and expert challenges and maybe some for silent stealth kills, i.e. kill the target before they have time to open fire on you, like a head shot from behind them.

What I want more than anything though is co-op missions. Even if it is implemented like an bolt on to the game as per Raindow Six: Vegas.

Thinking about it something based around the blackout map might be good too, as it would make use of lighting and the night vision gogles.

I would also alter the rules for shipment, no airstrike and no choppers, the map is too small for them.

Actually while I am changing rules, getting killed by the same airstrike when you respawn is really annoying, so I would change that too, if you are hit by an airstrike the same strike can not kill you twice, maybe just have the player dazed by the blast so they don't seem like some imune super hero.

7. spammy2505

spammy2505

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    I love the Martyr perk.... I am still waiting for someone to Tbag my corpse before exploding.. I am sure it will happen soon.

I would like to see a few new maps, perhaps a Forest / Woods environment so you can Leap from tree to tree like a ring tailed Lemur.

And perhaps some remakes of classic maps from earlier games (The Dam or Shipyard from CoD1 would be awsome).

Possibly nerfing the M16 and upping the damge of the AK47 would balance the guns a bit.

But alround.. a quality game!

Spamout:spam:

8. Barry the Brave

Barry the Brave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    How about a game type set in the mile high plane?

How about a suicide bomber perk? Then again I supoose that's the same as running at someone with a cooking grenade.

How about a bouncy castle map!!!

The ability to change your appearance ala halo or R6V would have been good, but they won't put that in an update.

9. Ratinho

Ratinho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +173
    They aren't going to get rid of Martyrdom, so that's fairly pointless. Try not sprinting towards the clinking sound of a dropped grenade. Works for me. It's a fun perk (Where's the skill in that!!! Yawnsome) that you have to give up stuff like deep impact for so basically, get over it.

They've released the details of what the patch is doing and that will hopefully sort all the aiming and host issues. Like to see a big map for proper ground wars. As someone mentioned, something maybe based around a forest. And another tight close fighting map ala Vacant, mainly just so i can use my shotgun and stick martyrdom on and listen to the whines.

Not sure they need anymore guns and i doubt they'll add any. Maybe some really unfair perks that are only unlocked about level 50, just to really upset the people who take it all a little seriously.

EDIT - And what Barry said about the appearance thing. Would be nice to have a lot more variation in who's out there.

10. HardkorePrawn

HardkorePrawn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    The spawning in general needs to be sorted.
    You can get killed multiple times in 1 airstrike, you can have the other team spawn right behind you (I understand if your team is spread out, there are going to be few safe zones for them to spawn, but in some games, I've seen both teams spawn in the same area on large maps), also, it's bloody annoying to be running silent and have the 4 members of your team spawn beside you with unsilenced weapons when there are other members of your team alive.

Also, I've seen deathmatch games where there are 12 people, 8 on one team and 4 on the other....

11. Ratinho

Ratinho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +173
    Yeah, that's another thing. They say they are addressing some of the spawning issues in the first patch. Suspect they are always going to spawn your team together though.

12. RedAl

RedAl
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,988
    I know some probably wont agree but I`d love it if you could have the option after a 10 kill streak to pick one of the other players on the map and have them marked as a red dot for 30 seconds so you can track them down and take them out. There`s been so many times when by luck or skill *more likely skill) I`ve been taken out by one player 3 times in a row in a short space of time and I just wish there was some way of dishing out some retribution.

What does everyone think? Or would it turn into some sort of vendetta? :)

13. D@Z

[email protected]

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    lol, so what about the deep impact perk that you may use instead? That will have to be reduced to 2 points too right? by using martyrdom people are giving up another perk that you are using and benefiting from.

The perks are perfectly balanced, if you dont wish to benefit from the odd extra kill after death then dont use it. If you dont like being killed by it then dont run over peoples bodies. If it was any more powerful than the other perks everyone would use it and they dont.

Swings and roundabouts

14. Ratinho

Ratinho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +173
    Not much skill in claymores really. Shove them behind a door and unless the other person has Juggernaut or is sprinting through them, they are dead. It's why they are called perks iirc.

And i like claymores. I'd never get my sniping done without them.

15. kav

kav
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13,816
    I'd like to see an Altered Beast type of add-on, where you can power up from a 15-kill streak and then turn into an invincible grizzly bear or a tiger and maul your enemies to death with your razor-sharp claws.

16. RedAl

RedAl
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,988
    LOL, now you`re just being silly arent you? :)

Maybe if you get killed 10 times in a row you should lose the soldier outfit and you run about in your pants only. That`d spice things up a bit :)

Actually, what about in team matches you get the option for one team to appear as Vicars and the other team appear as Tarts? That would be quite funny. Or am I just getting a bit silly now?

17. Barry the Brave

Barry the Brave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    Perect. I really could have done with that when I was being victimised by an American called Josh the other day.

18. kav

kav
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13,816
    Okay, maybe not an invincible animal...

19. RedAl

RedAl
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,988
    Its enough to drive you to a tourettes outburst isnt it when the same player keeps popping up everywhere you go to fill you with lead! Its happened to me so many times!

20. Barry the Brave

Barry the Brave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    It wan't so much that he kept killing me, or that he sounded about 12, or that he sounded like a girl, but it was the annoying way that he said "Baaaarrrryyyyyyy" after every kill.

@ Tarts and Vicars and Bears... actually I'm not sure what to say to those ideas. :rotfl:

21. Teddy Windsor

Teddy Windsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +176
    Thanks for that - a moment of light relief in an otherwise dull day at work!

Cheers,

Teddy

BTW I'd like to see a map based on a mall - three or four storeys, with escalators, clothes stores, fast food outlets, etc. It could be the first shopping trip I've actually enjoyed.

22. Pebb

Pebb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +829
    Now I am going to have nightmares tonight.

23. W0LFIE

W0LFIE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +964
    you dirty minx, extreme S&M with grenades

24. torr1x

torr1x

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Deep impact ? Poor example - as to use it you've still got to judge where a player is and take them out. Bit more skillfull than losing a knife fight and still getting the full kill.

25. torr1x

torr1x

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Bit sarky mate isn't it ? :) I dislike a perk, whats the big problem.

26. spammy2505

spammy2505

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    New perk....... Dual Wield FTW.. and being able to wear different coloured body armour... And have Nades that stick to people.. and Mongooses (Mongeese), and A Sgt that sounds a lot like Louis Gosset Jnr ... erm.. wrong thread, bugger!

10 Kill Streak - Thermal Vision Camera (See Through Walls)

15 Kill Streak - Scoped Speedup.(Move at the same speed when scoped and unscoped)

20 Kill Streak - Button Randomiser.... now try and get another 5 kills you smart a$$.

Spamout:spam:

PS.. Torr1x, Why are you supprised someone was being sarcastic on a forum...... It is "One of those things"

And the BIG problem is Global Warming.. everything else is just a minor snag.

Spamoutagain

27. D@Z

[email protected]

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    Yeh I know but I didnt know which perks you had to choose from instead as I always have martyrdom on :devil: I only knew one was deep impact because someone else mentioned it on here. You must get my point though.

RE: the tbagging thing, I have had more than one person stand on top of me and keep shooting at my corpse after I'm dead. The satisfaction when they went pop is unsurpassed :rotfl:

28. luKasledge

luKasledge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    20 Kill Streak - Button Randomiser.... now try and get another 5 kills you smart a$$. :rotfl:

Excellent :D

I never get really long kill streaks I'm always too good at dieing so I'm all for that one. :smashin:

29. Bachstrad

Bachstrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +262
    Me too ... what about a 20 dieing streak? :D

ATB

Max

30. ohh_danielson

ohh_danielson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,011
    I would like to see edit your character, like on Vegas. but that wont happen.

Would also like a new weapon
    The Gravity gun

I think that's possible :D