1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you think?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Freddie, May 23, 2003.

1. Freddie

Freddie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just invested in a Marantz sr 6200 and am now ready to upgrade my speakers. I'm thinking of a pair of Mission m74's up front, with the m7ds rears and a pair of m70's, one for front cente and one for rear center, these seem to be the best value for money at the moment. any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Fred

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,217
    Fair comment mate i would get a demo have you thought of getting a SUB?
    I would look at maybe the B&W 600 series and also KEf speakers. Big floor stander dont automatically mean better Bass Good stand mounts with a good sub can sound better and look better. Is this for pure AV or a mix of AV and stereo?

3. Freddie

Freddie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would ideally like a sub, but that will have to wait a month or so.
    The system is intended to be used soley for av although I'm interested in dvd/a, in which case it will become hi-fi.
    The 600's are a bit above my price range, but I demo'd the mission m73's and the were a little short of oomph, so was hoping the 74's would carry more weight.
    The reason for going for floor standers is the size of the room, I initially looked at the Kef 'eggs', but felt a sub/sat system wouldn't give enough to fill the space. (approx 25m2 x 2.75m high)

Thanks for your input and any advice/extra info gladly accepted

Cheers Fred

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,217
    A good sub VX10 is £200 from power buy forum. That is big room though! I think you could be right about sub saat struggling! whta sort of budget are you looking at for the 5 main speakers?

5. Freddie

Freddie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Limited budget, initially about £350, which has to get the fronts and centre, and then building it up as I can afford! I'm a bit impatient though and want it all up and running asap!