what do you think?

stringghost

Novice Member
my 360 has decided to keep freezing up on a regular basis so ive decided to get it swapped, i bought in from boots about 6 months ago online. had a look on the boots web site and they dont sell 360's anymore so looks like im going to have to send it back to microsoft.

will they replace my machine or fix it? hope they give me a new one with a hdmi connection on :)

Black-Adder

Novice Member
Not wishing to be the grim reaper but good luck with that :eek:
Unless you get the RROD you'd have to come up with some decent evidence to get M$ to take it back. Unless there are other forumites who have managed to do so?

bubs999

my 360 has decided to keep freezing up on a regular basis so ive decided to get it swapped, i bought in from boots about 6 months ago online. had a look on the boots web site and they dont sell 360's anymore so looks like im going to have to send it back to microsoft.

will they replace my machine or fix it? hope they give me a new one with a hdmi connection on :)
Go back to boots and get a refund or replacement. If they won't or can't replace then have the refund and go elsewhere. I doubt MS would give you a new machine, they would just repair it.

wellladida

Novice Member
exactly i doubt ms are going to get someone to play the xbox till they can prove it freezes the call center will say does it have this problem and that problem probably all about the RROD if you say no it just freezes well i pretty sure they wont repair it give it a go though

stringghost

Novice Member
cheers for the reply lads

do you think i could take it back to a boots store even though i bought it online?

as long as i get a new one im happy, ive sent them a e-mail explaining the situation so il keep you posted

cheers again

sdb123

Distinguished Member
cheers for the reply lads

do you think i could take it back to a boots store even though i bought it online?

as long as i get a new one im happy, ive sent them a e-mail explaining the situation so il keep you posted

cheers again
Do you have a receipt proving your online purchase? If so and as it's within the 1st year of ownership, the onus is on Boots to either replace or refund the item.

If Boots don't sell them anymore, get a refund and buy a 360 from elsewhere.

gingerjedi

Novice Member
Forget boots just ring MS and get them to have it in for repair, its within 12 months so dont worry about it not being a RROD.

Even if they find no fault you'll most likely end up with a refurb or new unit anyway.

stringghost

Novice Member
Do you have a receipt proving your online purchase? If so and as it's within the 1st year of ownership, the onus is on Boots to either replace or refund the item.

If Boots don't sell them anymore, get a refund and buy a 360 from elsewhere.

not a receipt as such, if i go on there website i can look at my purchase history, so its like a online receipt, would make my life a lot easier if they just give me a refund and i go get another one, with a hdmi connection :thumbsup:

stringghost

Novice Member
bit of a update for you all

got a e-mail from boots saying we know longer stock this item send it back to us and we will give you a full refund :)

so just need to decide weather to get a elite or not now

scor81

Novice Member
bit of a update for you all

got a e-mail from boots saying we know longer stock this item send it back to us and we will give you a full refund :)

so just need to decide weather to get a elite or not now

Go for it, I just got an elite, and it looks awesome

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom