What do you think was the best ever Plasma tv?

tvdavid

I have a big Fujitsu P50XHA40US that I got given to me its still perfect and the image is pretty bright even in the sun

SaajanB

Possibly one of those 10th gen prototype Pioneers? The last gen Panasonics are quite good, although I do find the black levels on the KRP series Pioneers to be better.

It would surely have to be the ZT65, which was the last flagship plasma produced by Panasonic. Back in 2014, Vincent Teoh said it was "the last and best" plasma from that brand.

Older Pioneer Kuros were capable of higher brightness (due to the less stringent energy regulations of the early 2000s) and deeper blacks, but the Panasonic had a great anti-reflective screen coating and a more up-to-date processor (for the time).

Inferno

Distinguished Member
It would surely have to be the ZT65, which was the last flagship plasma produced by Panasonic. Back in 2014, Vincent Teoh said it was "the last and best" plasma from that brand.

Older Pioneer Kuros were capable of higher brightness (due to the less stringent energy regulations of the early 2000s) and deeper blacks, but the Panasonic had a great anti-reflective screen coating and a more up-to-date processor (for the time).

As he said From That Brand, the Best one has to be either a Pioneer KRP500A or the 500M, there is an argument on this but, they were the Best series Ever made for Any Plasma.

temq

yes the fact that with a few tweaks and isf'd the 500a/m is 100000:1 cr and the 9.5g will accept native 80hz over vga the motion is special!

dbwinter

Easy answer - KRP500a or m/KRP600a or m.

Reference screens that if brought into the 4k HDR world, would produce the best absolute video quality.

At 1080p, still the best.

However, now surpassed overall with 4k HDR by OLED in all areas, except motion.

graham14

Maybe not the best Plasma in the world but I have owned 3 Pioneer 436XDE Models,
2 are still working well, One smashed by Removal Company
First unit at least 15 years old and working perfectly.
Great idea to have a external media box

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom