What do you think to this set up?

TheSmokeyWhojar

Novice Member
Reaction score
im currently looking at getting a new system in my front room but I'm a bit out of touch as to what to buy and would certain pieces work together. I'm lookin at a few pieces but just need some advise on weather they would work and sound well together, here is the kit I'm looking at:

Amplier: Yamaha AS501
A-S501 - Yamaha - UK and Ireland

Speakers: Monitor Audio bronze 2
Richer Sounds

For the subwoofer: BK Gemini2
Gemini

Any advise welcomed, thanks.

Certainly can see any problems with that set up. Should come in at a pretty fair price too.

Steve/bluewizard

Certainly can see any problems with that set up. Should come in at a pretty fair price too.

Steve/bluewizard
Thank you for your reply Steve.

Ive noticed I've basically set up two questions on a very similar subject so here is the original post if you would like to add anything there, that would be great. Thanks

Question - Home audio starter help

Thank you for your reply Steve.

Ive noticed I've basically set up two questions on a very similar subject so here is the original post...

Don Dadda is steering your right in that thread. If you can afford it and if your feel you need Streaming, then the Yamaha RN602 Network Receiver is an excellent value.

But if the only appealing features is Bluetooth, then you might was well get the AS501 Integrated Amp and then you can add BETTER Bluetooth with APT-X for as little as £50.

QED Live uPlay Wireless Bluetooth Audio Receiver - Superfi

"... Bluecore 5 and Apt-X audio encoding for high quality audio transfer..."

There is another company, AVANTREE that makes a single Bluetooth device that can be switched between Transmit and Receive. So, one could be on your computer (as an example) transmitting, and the other could be on your Stereo receiving.

Avantree Saturn Bluetooth Music Adapter at MobileFun

Avantree Saturn PRO Pack OF 2 LOW Latency Bluetooth Audio Receiver Transmitter | eBay

Streaming can be added as a separate item as well, but it tends to be expensive.

But straight forward Bluetooth Streaming is very affordable.

Steve/bluewizard

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom