Hi guys,

I have been quoted the below from richer sounds

Teac AGD200 priced at £119.95 / 146.99 Euro
Teac AGD200 Black | AV Receiver | Richer Sounds

Pioneer SHS100 5.1 speaker pack priced at £99.95 / 121.99 Euro
Pioneer S-HS100 Black | 5.1 Speaker Package | Richer Sounds

APART CM608 inceilings priced at £80 / 97.99 Euro per pair
APart-Audio - Quality Audio Solutions - CM608

Total would be £299.90 / 365.73 and £12.99 / 15.85 Euro for delivery.

any advice on this system. does it look good value for money. Also i should note that the rear speakers have to be ceiling speakers as per orders from the boss. Also my budget is between 300 and 400 euro!

thanks

Derek

You're asking about 5:1 but including 7:1.:confused:
Unless the rears are vital I'd forget them and spend a lot more on the rest.

i only asked them for a 5.1 but one of the conditions was the rear speakers had to be ceiling speakers. I think the speaker package was cheaper to buy as a package which is why it probably looks like a 7.1. but id only be using the front 3 and than the 2 ceiling speakers. (if that makes sense)

Do you think it would be better to just get better speakers for just the front and ignore ceiling speakers altogether. Also what are your thoughts on the amp, does it look okay, i found one thread on here about it and it got mixed reviews so i am unsure whether it is okay or should i be looking at something else.

Richer sounds had a Denon reciever for £99.99, is that not a better brand than Teac? I'm no clued up but I hear Denon mentioned a lot more than Teac

Denon AVR1513 type that in or just search on the site for av receivers and it'll be the one at the top.

I go by the specification against the price and on that the Teac looks OK.
That Denon is very good value though and would be the better buy if they still have it.
There's not much point in getting the five speakers, only using three of those, and getting two more.
I'm still for forgetting the ceiling rears, and shopping for the 5:1 that the thread is about.

Okay, i went back to them and asked for a price without the ceiling rears below is the response

Hi Derek.

For an amp and speaker pack with out ceiling speakers you could look at the following:

Sony STRDH820 priced at £199.95 / 243.99 Euro
Sony STRDH820 Black | AV Receiver | Richer Sounds

Pioneer SHS100 speakers priced at £99.95 / 121.99 Euro
Pioneer S-HS100 Black | 5.1 Speaker Package | Richer Sounds

Or

Pioneer vsx527 priced at £159.00 / 193.99 Euro
http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/pioneer/vsx527/pion-vsx527-blk

Boston XS 5.1 priced at £219.95 / 268.99 Euro (Limited Offer)
Boston SOUNDWARE XS SE Black | 5.1 Speaker Package | Richer Sounds

Which amp would you think is better here, Unfortunately i think the second amp and speaker is out of my budget slightly but if the amp is better i might choose speakers that are more within my budget.

Any thoughts?

Thanks Guys

My choice would still be the Denon, with the Pioneer speakers at the same price to go with it.

I don't think they have any in stock, but i will certainly ask them.

Which one of the 2 above do you think is better?

So the Sony AVR is £100 more than the Denon and the Pioneer is £59 more, what is the difference? is it down to the connectivity?

Last edited by a moderator:
That's why I linked to the specifications - they show that the Sony and Pioneer differ in connectivity and RMS power.
The Denon specification shows a bigger difference on RMS but could be perfectly adequate.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom