1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you think about the PANASONIC GS75B?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by jamesmafryer, Jul 4, 2005.

1. jamesmafryer

jamesmafryer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

What do you think about the PANASONIC GS75B? Here's a link to the camera on the Dixons site -

http://www.dixons.co.uk/martprd/sto...sku=858202&category_oid=-21992&fm=0&sm=4&tm=0.

I'm thinking of going for this as it's a good price for 3CCDs? I can afford to spend a little more if need be, and would be greatful for any advice. I'm going to be using it to make amateur documentaries and for personal use.

Any advice most appreciated!!! :lease:

James

2. Sparta11

Sparta11
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi James,

I'm in the same situation as you are and came across your note hunting for info... Although I will mostly likely go for this Pana in favour of Sony HC39/42, due to reviews I read:

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/shopper/revi...rchString=panasonic+nv+gs75+panasonic+nv+gs75
    http://www.pcpro.co.uk/shopper/macu...rchString=panasonic+nv+gs75+panasonic+nv+gs75

There seem to be even more detailed review at the following
    http://www.camcorderinfo.com/content/Panasonic-PV-GS65-Camcorder-Review.htm. Reviewed Panasonic PV-GS65 (US market model?) seems to me be identical to NV-GS75.

Regarding the prices, you should be able to find it cheaper at

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=88454
    or using www.pricerunner.co.uk

Good luck

Tom

3. jamesmafryer

jamesmafryer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    But what's the difference between the 'B' and 'E' versions????

4. Sparta11

Sparta11
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having spoken to Panasonic, there is no difference. Apparently the full model number for the camcorder is NV-GS75EBS - European British Silver.

5. Rabbo

Rabbo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just bought one from https://www.discountaudiovision.co.uk/store.asp/c=30 best price I could find in UK and good service. I've always used Canon stuff up to now, but this Panasonic is excellent. Sits well in the hand, all the controls are where you want them, picture quality is excellent, it runs quietly. If I was taking video seriously I'd say it's almost too small and light which makes it sensitive to any hand movements. I've only had it two days, and haven't yet found anything I don't like about it.

6. senu

senu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,865
    http://www.pricerunner.co.uk/exec/R...4EA0%2DA7F3%2DAE54047D49F4&af_name=&id=209164

if you can stretch to it the gs 150 or 250 are even better and very good value for money camcorders .
    Digital Video mag 0ct 2005( issue 207) has a review on the nvgs-75 which makes intersting reading
    Panasonic seems to be able to sell hi-spec camcorders for a little less than the Sony ( read expensive ) or Canon equivalents. Ive owned all 3 makes and while Im a bit partial to the pannys have no favourites as such
    The selling point mentions the 3 ccd chips .Spending a bit more will give you a(much) better lens ,better low light sensitivity, optical image stabilisation and as such more video quality for your money.
    However good videography techniques( learnt or experienced). a tripod (fluid head) good lighting and whre possible pre-planning the shoot carefully before hitting the record button are just as important so spend wisely and dont blow all the money on the "best" camcorder. Polished results also come from skillful editing of the resulting footage
    Good luck

7. anthonyhtc2000

anthonyhtc2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

Can someone help me, please?

Have been using the digicam with no problems, quite handy and easy.

The only problem was that I've been trying to download the whole tape onto the DVD disc but found out that I need to save it on 3 1/2 discs. WOW!!

Just cant compress it. The only way was by converting from AVI format to MPEG format but the results not sharp, abit bleary

Heard that there's a software to do it all in one disc.

Anyone know about it??:confused:

8. senu

senu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,865

How are you "downloading" the tape to DVD?.

There are many software titles, my favourite of which is Ulead DVDMovieFactory which can help you get the video data from the MiniDv tape to one single DVD disc as a video , not a Data disc . Are you using Cds and creating Video CDs? :eek:
    Or are you copying DV AVIs to the DVD discs directly?:nono:

1hr of best quality video from a mini DV tape should fit onto one (4,7Gb ) DVD disc.
    Unless using long play the tape should contain only only hr of Video
    The DV AVI file from one hr of tape will take up 13Gb: These should fit into a DVD disc of 4.7Gb by mpeg compression which is infact very good
    All your DVDs from Hollywood contain video made of mpeg2 compression so as a format it cannot be that bad:rolleyes:
    You may need to say exactly what you are doing and with what.
    Mpeg2 compression from DV AVI need not result in " not sharp, bleary" output
    While it is true that the mpeg encoding software vary widely in quality and speed ( and cost :rotfl: ) , most will give you results which are at the very least acceptable

9. anthonyhtc2000

anthonyhtc2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I used NTI CD-Maker and used DVD Data to burn by converting from Avi to NTI Avi2Mpeg onto a DVD-RW disc. Later, when I tried burning onto a DVD+RW disc I just couldnt do it. Wrong format??

I'm no techie but I did ticked Ulead when prompted.

When seen on my notebook Acer 5600 series, it was okay but when seen on a DVD machine, it was very reddish and slightly blurred.

Also, I connected the digicam to my notebook using a DV/USB cable.

Hope you can advise me further.:confused:

10. anthonyhtc2000

anthonyhtc2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Senu,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I used NTI CD-Maker and used DVD Data to burn by converting from Avi to NTI Avi2Mpeg onto a DVD-RW disc. Later, when I tried burning onto a DVD+RW disc I just couldnt do it. Wrong format??

I'm no techie but I did ticked Ulead when prompted.

When seen on my notebook Acer 5600 series, it was okay but when seen on a DVD machine, it was very reddish and slightly blurred.

Also, I connected the digicam to my notebook using a DV/USB cable.

Hope you can advise me further.:confused: