What do you sit on? Does it actually matter?

Lunar Humps

Established Member
Reaction score
I used to be superior to my mate on Xbox Live. Now he's got the better of me and the pattern is always the same in every session, whether its Pro Evo or RSC2 or PGR2. I start out winning, then get lost in the darkness of Loser Cave. In my desperation I now feel furniture is to blame. He swears by his collosal bean bag as the only way to enjoy his gaming.

I'm gaming from an armchair - a modern square-styled item. I've tried the sit-on-the-carpet-back-to-the sofa and this provides a better viewing angle but at expense to comfort. I'm viewing on a Panny 32" widescreen CRT on its factory stand, so about sofa height. Space is a premium in my titchy gaff but I'm willing to sacrifice for a beanbag.

Am I just in self-denial about my deteriorating video game skills or is there a furnishing solution to get me back to winning ways? Advice and experience please!

Maybe your just playing too much? You need to take a rest every so often so why dont you use that as an excuse and quite while your ahead?

"My my, is that the time? ill just take a break while im 10 kills/points/races/goals ahead of you"

Not only does this work, but it makes him even more angry, which in term will meake him easyer to defeat.

Still, going back to your furniture point, I do beleive that cheap furniture can make you tired after a long period so its worth investing in something that keeps you comfotable for hours.

I think a comfortable gaming enviroment can only help gameing skills. I play my games from a nice soft Ezeboy in front of my plasma and no problems for long term gaming sessions. My brother on the other hand sits beside me on one of those £9.99 office chairs and gets a bit cramped and stiff fairly quickly which leads to grumpieness which leads to poor playing which leads to me winning all the time :)

Best thing you can do to ensure a win is to create a dongle that sits between his joypad and the joypad port on te console, and on that donlage have a button wired up - a wire that leads all the way to your own joypad - with a button on the end, and, whenever he wins you press that buttons and it'll make him veer to the left.
It worked with Megadrive joypads, with newer ones you can make the button short his pad so he momentarily loses any control.

Or you could take a break and get your psychological edge back by breaking the loser cycle. Yes, get some brainwashing affirmation tapes, these may do the trick and possibly kill your inside.

I used to sit on the floor along with the television. It's not comfortable but I could get into a trance state when playing games like that. May have been because I was young, though.

One of the reasons why you might be losing is stress. Allow yourself to think about something else when playing - you'll play the game paraliminally then and it helps a great deal.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom