What do you miss about the 360?

• Thread starter Deleted member 112955
  • Start date

Deleted member 112955

Reaction score
Interested to ask people who have switched from a 360 to a PS3. What do you miss about the 360?

Been thinking about this lately, things I miss about the 360:

1 - Friends. I have a few mates who have 360's and I miss being able to see what they are playing and obviously playing online with them.

2 - Achievements. I know this may be controversial, but I really like achievement points. I think they add an extra dimension to solo play and I miss that feeling you get when it pops up "achievement unlocked".

3 - XBL Arcade. I know PSN is in it's infancy, but so far I haven't found a Geometry Wars equivalent.

4 - Gears Of War. Few games seem to grab my attention these days, but Gears really did. I really fancy a game right now!

5 - Halo 3, PGR 4, Bioshock. 3 games I fancy, none of which are coming on PS3 (except maybe Bioshock).

6 - Controller. Give me proper triggers and vibration anyday.

7 -Dash. I don't like the XMB really, very soulless at the moment. Badly needs an option to add your own backgrounds or themes.

8 - Media Centre. I miss the ability to stream music tracks and view photo's from my PC wirelessly to my 360.

What are your thoughts?

Wow another ps3 vs 360 thread.. how original :boring:

Wow another ps3 vs 360 thread.. how original :boring:

No, it's not another PS3 vs 360 thread. I'm interested in people who have sold their 360 to buy a PS3 and what they miss since jumping ship. As personally speaking I miss quite a few things.

I don't want to start comparing tech specs or arguing over polygon counts in Virtua Tennis 3!

If you don't fit into this catergory then don't post. Simple as that.

tbh i dont miss it at all.

Its still behind my TV :devil:

Agree there, although I have had a little hunger for some Test Drive, but no, dont really miss the 360 especially the noise. I have had it on once since the 23rd March. when Mass Effect comes out I'll be playing it more often though.

I dont really miss much about the 360 to be honest, apart from Pro Evo in HD, but hopefully Winning Eleven will be filling that gap soon :D.

2 *should* become far superior on PS3 when Home finally gets released. Missing 6 then you better save your pennies for the new six axis :smashin:

The rest is subjective. Although from what I hear there are quite a few decent older arcade games getting lined up for the store.

It would be boring if everything was the same tho, but I don't expect much to change until Home makes its debut.

Missing 6 then you better save your pennies for the new six axis :smashin:

Do you know something I've missed :confused:

On motorstorm latter? (after 9ish?) Need to win a few :rotfl:
Still using the headset?
Regarding the thread question,

In my case its easier to list what I don't miss first:
  • Noise
  • Colour of it (I need black & chrome :D )
  • Having to pay a subscription for online
  • Having a gamer score (makes you feel crap as a casual, non-hardcore gamer) but like achievements :smashin:
  • Not having to stream my stuff from a PC (can just dump media on the PS3 drive)
  • Graphical glitches like tearing that I don't get on the PS3
  • Reliabilty concerns
  • Inability of developers to make full use of HDD due to base spec.
  • Only 20GB drive
  • Need for a separate drive & power supply for HD Movies

What I miss:
  • Better control of music with full media remote
  • 360 controller
  • At the moment, plenty of good range of games (but likely to come on PS3)
  • Alan Wake only coming to 360 (liked the look of that game)

i don't miss my 360 at all.........

because i still own 2

:clap: :clap:

along with my PS3

:clap:

and my Wii

:clap:

• Having to pay a subscription for online
  • Graphical glitches like tearing that I don't get on the PS3
  • Reliabilty concerns
  • Inability of developers to make full use of HDD due to base spec.
  • Only 20GB drive
  • Need for a separate drive & power supply for HD Movies

Yeah to balance things out, they are things that I definately prefer about the PS3. Along with the console not having a seperate PSU.

Initially I really wanted streaming from my PC, but in the past few days I've really liked the fact I don't have to turn my PC on to listen to mp3s. My girlfriend who can use the PS3 can browse thousands of songs without having to sit at the PC to listen to them, or go and turn it on.

I've come to the conclusion isn't not real time streaming I want, I want the ability to download data to the PS3 to store, so I can get it from there rather than being reliant on my PC for it.

Some good points made in this thread though, I think wallpapers and so forth will happen sooner rather than later, and will help make things feel a little more like 'home' :clap:

In the same boat as mcmanic and co. I own all 3 systems and I have to say that there is no way I would sell a console as good as a 360 to buy a PS3. If I did not still have my 360 the thing I would miss the most in one word, LIVE it is a million times better than the PSN at the moment

i kept both too, but would miss the genius pad (sixaxis really is a very poor 2nd best) and the serious abundance of cheap 2nd hand games around for the 360...
Wouldnt miss that gigantic power supply or reliabilty probs

I couldn't get rid of the 360 as i'd miss playing the exclusive games on it like Forza 2, Mass Effect, Halo 3, Gears of War etc. Similarly I couldn't get rid of my Wii as i'm looking forward to Super Paper Mario, Mario Galaxy, Metroid 3, My Sims etc. And finally I couldn't get rid of the PS3 as i'd miss not being able to play Motorstorm, Lair, GT5, MGS4 etc.

The reason I buy games consoles is to play games and unless a person falls into that unsavory catagory knows collectively as "fanboys" then there are fantastic games (as stated above) on or coming out on all 3 current formats.

So to conclude, like a few others on here i've not got rid of my 360, but if I did then i'd certainly miss the great exclusives for the system as i'd no longer be able to play them.:)

I couldn't get rid of the 360 as i'd miss playing the exclusive games on it like Forza 2, Mass Effect, Halo 3, Gears of War etc. Similarly I couldn't get rid of my Wii as i'm looking forward to Super Paper Mario, Mario Galaxy, Metroid 3, My Sims etc. And finally I couldn't get rid of the PS3 as i'd miss not being able to play Motorstorm, Lair, GT5, MGS4 etc.

The reason I buy games consoles is to play games and unless a person falls into that unsavory catagory knows collectively as "fanboys" then there are fantastic games (as stated above) on or coming out on all 3 current formats.

So to conclude, like a few others on here i've not got rid of my 360, but if I did then i'd certainly miss the great exclusives for the system as i'd no longer be able to play them.:)

Ditto, I just love gaming and couldn't be without all 3 next gen consoles (now current gen).:clap:

Tell you what I don't miss, the fan noise.

Counterpoint, given the quantity of games out of the PS3, I kinda miss the £500 from my bank account, and wish I'd waited another 6 months. Ah well, I'm weak, I accept this...

Same here. :thumbsup:

yeah i wouldnt get rid of my 360 for my ps3. if it was a choice of 1 console it would have to be the 360, couldnt do without Halo 3 and Bioshock, oh and Alan Wake, so many games in fact, but glad ive got a 20gb ps3 for Lair and Heavenly Sword, not much else on the horizon though. Dont care for Home in the slightest think its a bit of a gimmick when all i want is a good games and a good online service.

Wife thinks the ps3 is a terrible design so ugly and she doesny like the way it attracts so much dust. (thats women though)

Yeah to balance things out, they are things that I definately prefer about the PS3. Along with the console not having a seperate PSU.

actually i think i'd prefer a seperate PSU because it makes me wonder if the PS3 would be dead silent, not that it isn't nice and quiet as it is. Makes you wonder just how badly put together the 360 is given the PSU is external and it still sounds far too loud for it's own good.

My 360 scores above my PS3 at the moment because of Live!, but I hope that PSN catches up. Competition between the formats can only benefit us gamers (especially those who have more than one next-gen console :thumbsup: )

i sold mine when i found out that there was a elite version coming out,but to tell you the truth i just dont think i can wait that long with o many games coming out that i want :rotfl: anyhoo

things i miss -

FOOOOOOOOOTBAALLLL games
achievments
live
controller

things i dont miss -

noise
colour of console
blade system
paying to play online
live arcade
the cost of stuff not shown in pounds and pence :thumbsdow

I think only 2 things I would say I miss from the 360:

1.Along with everyone else,I miss the 360's perfect controller-the PS3 one really is cack.
2.The abundant use of headsets!Admittedly I have really only spent any significant time on Motorstorm so far but nobody seems to be using headsets atm(including me).Because you got a headset with your live subscription on the 360 everyone had one and some games were made infinitley better because of it.Would be good if Sony produced a decent PS3 specific headset and knocked it out cheap as chips.

I have all the consoles too and the thing that Sony could improve on is their online service. Now I'm sure Home will change all that, but even then, it will be very difficult to surpass the 360' super Live network/infrastructure.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom