What do you get with a Amazon Fire Stick

Discussion in 'General Tech & Gadget Forums' started by laserbeam, Mar 28, 2018.

1. laserbeam

laserbeam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Amongst my birthday presents was a Amazon TV Firestick which I have set up.But am I right in saying that most things have to be paid for.I checked a few things such as Peaky Blinders and several films but you have to pay to watch so was wondering what are the benefits of this item.Most of the app's I can already watch on the TV.

2. next010

next010
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,096
    At the most basic level it's not any different from your smart tv operating system, it may be better in terms of looks and performance depending upon your TV smart os.

It does have a better app store than most TV models and you may find things of interest in there from basic games to other media apps and media players.

3. limegreenzx

limegreenzx
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +336
    You also have a mic in the remote for voice search. This also provides access to Alexa using the remote, so if you have any smart devices that are supported by Alexa you can turn lights on/off etc.