What do these inputs mean?

Bernard Barnett

Novice Member
The back of my Sony plasma has two phono inputs marked HD and VD, alongside the component inputs. Does anybody have any idea what they're for? The manual says only "for connecting RGB equipment".


Novice Member
One form of RGB connection requires 5 signals, I think HD and VD are Horizontal and Vertical Displacement. IIRC Apple Macs use this type of connection.


Exactly so. You can in fact connect a scart to 4 phono to these, provided the plasma can cope with the low sync frequency, not sure on the sony. Enables use of RGB scart instead of just YUV

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews
Top Bottom